• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

ASUS WS X299 PRO

greyfox

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 PRO
CPU
i9 9960x
Graphics
MSI VEGA 64 AIRBOOST
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello friends! my EFI works with Big Sur 11.3.1, but I can't upgrade to 13.5 version. if I download the OTA package, it reboots and stops after a couple of minutes, apple logo on the screen, loading bar more than half. I kindly ask if you could take a look at it and tell me what's wrong. or if you can share your working Asus ws x299 pro EFI :)

open core version is 0.7.1. Hackintosh: Asus ws x299 pro, i9 9960x, msi Vega 64.

thank you.

Last edited:
hello friends! my EFI works with Big Sur 11.3.1, but I can't upgrade to 13.5 version. if I download the OTA package, it reboots and stops after a couple of minutes, apple logo on the screen, loading bar more than half. I kindly ask if you could take a look at it and tell me what's wrong. or if you can share your working Asus ws x299 pro EFI :)

open core version is 0.7.1. Hackintosh: Asus ws x299 pro, i9 9960x, msi Vega 64.

thank you.
Bootstrap was removed previously. Make sure you're using the correct version of OpenCore. AGPMInjector isn't required.

hi elitemacx86, thank you for your answer. I removed them, same effect. I also tried different bios versions, all modded, back to 3203. bios configuration was made from scratch and as reccomended for Asus motherboards.
what I can't understand is the reason my EFI works with 11.3.1 version and it doesn't with 11.5.
now I'm on 3406, modded. I started from scratch, with a new EFI. guess what? it works with previous version, it doesn't with 11.5.1 installer. I'm using 0.7.2 oc debug. later today I'll post the .txt file of the 11.5.1 boot process as well as the new EFI. thank you :)

hi elitemacx86, thank you for your answer. I removed them, same effect. I also tried different bios versions, all modded, back to 3203. bios configuration was made from scratch and as reccomended for Asus motherboards.
what I can't understand is the reason my EFI works with 11.3.1 version and it doesn't with 11.5.
now I'm on 3406, modded. I started from scratch, with a new EFI. guess what? it works with previous version, it doesn't with 11.5.1 installer. I'm using 0.7.2 oc debug. later today I'll post the .txt file of the 11.5.1 boot process as well as the new EFI. thank you :)
With the 11.3 and later, USB Mapping is required.

Last edited:
hello friend. this is the EFI I built from scratch. 0.7.2 debug version

Last edited:
hello friend. this is the EFI I built from scratch. 0.7.2 debug version
What's the purpose to use a Debug version? Use the Release branch.

Use the Release version.
solution found. in 11.4, apple updated the lan driver com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000.kext. it's not compatible with asus ws x299 pro ethernet interface. this causes the system to block during the update from 11.3.1. so, it's just a matter of overriding the new driver with the old one, "AppleIntelI210Ethernet".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Professional_DR01