• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Catalina Installer Won't Boot

Better to install new Clover :)

I was already using the new Clover :) I had duplicated the content on both folders, getting rid of "drivers64UEFI" didn't change anything so its ok

Nice. But Layout ID=99 should work technically.

Go figure 🤷‍♂️

I'll post the guide in couple of days. I'm just not getting good time to fix the things.

Thank you, I'll be waiting! So far I found something related to patching `PCI0.LPCB` but I didn't test it yet.

Better to install new Clover :)

Nice. But Layout ID=99 should work technically.

I'll post the guide in couple of days. I'm just not getting good time to fix the things.

Yes, of course. That has a dependency.

I haven't tested it yet.

Let me know if you were able to test it, I'm thinking about cloning my partition and trying it.

Also, I've noticed that you also have a Radeon XT card, do you know what should I change to make the HDMI audio work? I've added my PR files on the previous post, do you think you could help me with that?

Thanks!

I was already using the new Clover :) I had duplicated the content on both folders, getting rid of "drivers64UEFI" didn't change anything so its ok

Go figure 🤷‍♂️

Thank you, I'll be waiting! So far I found something related to patching `PCI0.LPCB` but I didn't test it yet.

Let me know if you were able to test it, I'm thinking about cloning my partition and trying it.

Also, I've noticed that you also have a Radeon XT card, do you know what should I change to make the HDMI audio work? I've added my PR files on the previous post, do you think you could help me with that?

Thanks!
Can you mention what's the current issue?

Can you mention what's the current issue?

Sure, OSX currently detects the "Navi 10 HDMI Audio" device, I can select it as the Audio output BUT there's no sound at all.

I added a picture of what I see when running hackintool on this post (previous page): https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/catalina-installer-wont-boot.549/post-3173

I also added all the PRs there. Maybe you can let me know what were the necessary changes to make your HDMI Audio work there?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sure, OSX currently detects the "Navi 10 HDMI Audio" device, I can select it as the Audio output BUT there's no sound at all.
Incomplete PR files attached. Kextcache output and IOReg is missing.

Here are the following issues.
  • The config.plist is not as per the guide.
  • Add KernelPm.
  • Add PEGP to GFX 0 rename.
  • HDAS to HDEF rename.
  • For 10.15, there are only 2 port limit patch.
  • Drivers directory has BIOS directory which is only meant for Legacy BIOS. Remove this directory.
  • Remove "UsbMouseDxe.efi" from drivers/UEFI.
  • Remove 10.15 directory from kext folder.
  • AppleALC.kext is missing.

• Add KernelPm.
  • Add PEGP to GFX 0 rename.

Added both:

1591504276574.png

1591504226452.png

For 10.15, there are only 2 port limit patch.

Ok, I originally only had the first two patches. I got the third one from this guide: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads...-gaming-3-wifi-intel-core-i5-9400f-rx580.421/

I've now removed the third patch, all the USB ports continue to work just fine with just two patches (as you can see on the image above).

HDAS to HDEF rename.

This was "disabled" on my config.plist. I've enabled it now (you can see on the image above).

• Drivers directory has BIOS directory which is only meant for Legacy BIOS. Remove this directory.
  • Remove "UsbMouseDxe.efi" from drivers/UEFI.
  • Remove 10.15 directory from kext folder.

Thank you, I've removed all of them. The BIOS directory was not being used as far as I understood, so it shouldn't affect the loading. All the kexts I had on the 10.15 directory were already present on the "others" kext folder too, so it shouldn't be a big deal either. Not sure how the UsbMouseDxe.efi should cause issues, but its always good to do a cleanup.

AppleALC.kext is missing.

About that, you probably missed that part from my post with the EFI zip:

'm adding my EFI folder here (I had to remove the folders BOOT, themes and the files CLOVERX64.efi and AppleALC.kext so that it gets compressed to less than 2mb). I'm also adding the bootlog extracted from clover config.

I've just stripped the AppleAlc.kext from the zip so that it has less than 2mb, but it is there.

The config.plist is not as per the guide.

Regarding that, I've re-checked the Catalina guide and my settings on Clover Configurator are pretty much the same, except that I've some extra patches on my previous config file that are not enabled.

Anyway, I've done all the adjustments above, I'm still able to boot correctly on Catalina but I still can't hear any audio when I select the HDMI output as the Output device. NVRAM is still not working either (I guess this was expected).

Any clues? I'm attaching everything here again, now with the kextcache and the ioreg files.

Here you can find the updated EFI folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NiLjsu6cXFBYBMXvxL2Twvow8fX0wpur/view?usp=sharing
Here it is the IOREG output: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRVJ_Ipe4PJsrauoZQRPD0L5ye3ToD1j/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• kextcache-output.txt
    210.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Added both:

View attachment 2499

View attachment 2498

Ok, I originally only had the first two patches. I got the third one from this guide: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads...-gaming-3-wifi-intel-core-i5-9400f-rx580.421/

I've now removed the third patch, all the USB ports continue to work just fine with just two patches (as you can see on the image above).

This was "disabled" on my config.plist. I've enabled it now (you can see on the image above).

Thank you, I've removed all of them. The BIOS directory was not being used as far as I understood, so it shouldn't affect the loading. All the kexts I had on the 10.15 directory were already present on the "others" kext folder too, so it shouldn't be a big deal either. Not sure how the UsbMouseDxe.efi should cause issues, but its always good to do a cleanup.

About that, you probably missed that part from my post with the EFI zip:

I've just stripped the AppleAlc.kext from the zip so that it has less than 2mb, but it is there.

Regarding that, I've re-checked the Catalina guide and my settings on Clover Configurator are pretty much the same, except that I've some extra patches on my previous config file that are not enabled.

Anyway, I've done all the adjustments above, I'm still able to boot correctly on Catalina but I still can't hear any audio when I select the HDMI output as the Output device. NVRAM is still not working either (I guess this was expected).

Any clues? I'm attaching everything here again, now with the kextcache and the ioreg files.

Here you can find the updated EFI folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NiLjsu6cXFBYBMXvxL2Twvow8fX0wpur/view?usp=sharing
Here it is the IOREG output: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRVJ_Ipe4PJsrauoZQRPD0L5ye3ToD1j/view?usp=sharing
So, the only issue is you're not getting HDMI Audio right?

So, the only issue is you're not getting HDMI Audio right?

Besides that I'm also not able to reboot nor shutdown the machine, it freezes for a long time... And nvram is not keeping data when I turn on the system again.

Everything else is working just fine.

Besides that I'm also not able to reboot nor shutdown the machine, it freezes for a long time... And nvram is not keeping data when I turn on the system again.

Everything else is working just fine.
Okay. However, the issue is off-topic. This thread was created for the installer not booting. Create a separate thread for the rest of the issues. Your issues will be fixed soon. Just make sure to attach a complete PR files. Use Google Drive if you're having issues to upload on the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chichou13