Intel HD 3000
OS X/macOS
10.15 (Beta)
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello.
I followed the Mojave for Intel HD 3000 guide and the DSDT and SSDTs guide and applied the low resolution patch. kextcache output shows invalid signatured allowed, and Google says that's normal. I started with RehabMan's HD 3000 1366x786 config. I left many things untouched, such as the graphics for ATI, NVidia, things with # in front, but I added things from the basic config guide. I went with RehabMan's Root/Devices/PciRoot~ method instead of Graphics/Inject/InjectIntel/true.
My laptop screen hangs at the apple logo, but the sound works, and I can type in my password to log in, then left click and a couple uparrow button+enter+enter to shutdown which I think means many things work but the screen. Same thing happens when I do a verbose boot with -v the screen hangs at some log but sound works and same thing with log in and shutting down.
So I entered the EDID because I assumed there was something wrong with my screen. It was extracted from Windows 10 and when booting. I can't see the bar complete at the apple logo; the screen turns white at some point, and then a white(or foggy) welcome/login screen comes up. Same white screen after logging in. Many things seem to work, but from time to time the screen freezes except the mouse pointer so nothing clicks and can't do anything.
And About This Mac shows only 384 MB instead of 512 or 1536. The Mojave for Intel HD 3000 guide says it should have 1536MB with full QE/CI if everything's done correctly, and the administrator says 384 MB or 512 MB depending on the amount of RAM installed, but I'm not really clear on that. I only have 4GB ram(1333) onboard, and am willing to buy 4GB for my availiable slot for total of 8GB which is maximum for my CPU i5-2467M.
I have tried the InjectIntel/true method with and without EDID. Without the EDID, the screen turns black and exhibits the same behavior as with Devices/PciRoot~ without EDID, and with the EDID, my laptop screen is recognized as an external display, so backlight control doesn't work. Same thing with freezing.
Can anyone tell me where I should look at or things I should try again? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AROUS GAMING 3
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have left out is the Remove _PSS placeholders patch for SSDT-0 as RehabMan said it should not be applied.
Yes, as i mentioned in the another post, it's not required. Only needed for buggy SSDT.
left many things untouched, such as the graphics for ATI, NVidia, things with # in front, but I added things from the basic config guide.
The basic config.plist guide is valid for mostly Desktop series.
And About This Mac shows only 384 MB instead of 512 or 1536. The Mojave for Intel HD 3000 guide says it should have 1536MB with full QE/CI
Actually, 1536MB is a typo. As i already mentioned in the first reply for your post, Intel HD 3000 can have 384MB or 512MB. Depends on the RAM configuration as it shares the Display memory. I've updated the guide. Thanks for pointing it out.

The kextcache output shows it's still MBA. Did you do a clean install again?
CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, CalDigitFastIO.kext is not required.
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext should not be used together. Choose one.

For the config.plist and Clover, the issues are listed below

The ACPI patches and renames from config.plist file has been removed. Which shouldn't be.
No layout ID has been injected.
No HDAS to HDEF rename present.
The NVIDIA and ATI properties from Devices section should be removed.
Dual Link should not be configured in Graphics section.
The forced kexts should be removed as per the guide during postinstallation.
A new SMBIOS must be configured as per the guide during postinstallation.
Inject kexts should be set to "Yes"
Inject System ID should be selected.
The DSDT and SSDTs are not sorted.
DROP OEM should be set to true.
AppleBacklightFixup is missing.
drivers64UEFI is not as per the guide.
Clover/Kexts/Other is not as per the guide.

displhehynehym

Motherboard
Intel HM65/Samsung Series 5 NT530U3B-A5H
CPU
i5-2467m
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
OS X/macOS
10.15 (Beta)
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
iOS
The kextcache output shows it's still MBA. Did you do a clean install again?
It's the same macOS since I posted my question on the mojave HD 3000 guide. I have changed SMBIOS to MBP8,1, but only the ProductName and Trust and About This Mac shows Macbook Pro. Can you tell me what else I should do to make it MBP in IOReg and kextcache output? Should I reinstall the OS?
CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, CalDigitFastIO.kext is not required.
I added those USB kexts to enable my Asmedia USB 3.0 port. This port semi-works. I can't shut OS down with anything plugged in though. I will remove the kexts or do a patch so the port works. I will remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext should not be used together. Choose one.
I will remove VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and maybe open a separate thread requesting help for ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext because with that alone, the PrefPane is empty and cannot enable complex gestures. With VoodooPS2Controller.kext, the PrefPane shows, but it says there is no touchpad recognized. With Voodoo alone, nine out of ten times the touchpad goes crazy and clicks everywhere with left click or right click.
For the config.plist and Clover, the issues are listed below

The ACPI patches and renames from config.plist file has been removed. Which shouldn't be.
No layout ID has been injected.
No HDAS to HDEF rename present.
The NVIDIA and ATI properties from Devices section should be removed.
Dual Link should not be configured in Graphics section.
The forced kexts should be removed as per the guide during postinstallation.
A new SMBIOS must be configured as per the guide during postinstallation.
Inject kexts should be set to "Yes"
Inject System ID should be selected.
The DSDT and SSDTs are not sorted.
DROP OEM should be set to true.
AppleBacklightFixup is missing.
drivers64UEFI is not as per the guide.
Clover/Kexts/Other is not as per the guide.
I will go through the installation guides again. Thank you for pointing them out.

Last edited:

displhehynehym

Motherboard
Intel HM65/Samsung Series 5 NT530U3B-A5H
CPU
i5-2467m
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
OS X/macOS
10.15 (Beta)
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
iOS
About SMBIOS ProductName and Trust, I generated a new SMBIOS. I will do the cache output after I fix other issues.

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
It's the same macOS since I posted my question on the mojave HD 3000 guide. I have changed SMBIOS to MBP8,1, but only the ProductName and Trust and About This Mac shows Macbook Pro.
As per the guide, you should generate a new SMBIOS with all the fields.
Can you tell me what else I should do to make it MBP in IOReg and kextcache output? Should I reinstall the OS?
You'll need to change the computer name in System preferences. And yes, i recommend to re-install.
I added those USB kexts to enable my Asmedia USB 3.0 port. This port semi-works. I can't shut OS down with anything plugged in though.
You can use FakePCIID. Or Custom SSDT-UIAC
I will remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.
You'll need to use a SSDT for CPU PM.
I will remove VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and maybe open a separate thread requesting help for ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext because with that alone, the PrefPane is empty and cannot enable complex gestures. With VoodooPS2Controller.kext, the PrefPane shows, but it says there is no touchpad recognized. With Voodoo alone, nine out of ten times the touchpad goes crazy and clicks everywhere with left click or right click.
What's your Laptop model? It's not being reflected in your profile. Depending on the Trackpad and the model, you need to choose one. I personally use both of them, not at once. But different for different models.

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)