• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Yes, it's supported.
Thanks! It works! But how can we run the script before we login our account? Do you have any idea?
Thanks again! :)

Cool.

Before login may not work. But at the start, it can work. Check for the instructions for automatic execution.
Thank you! I will have a try!

Reactions: EliteMacx86
We can go to the terminal settings and open quit the terminal when the shell is executed. And the window will be closed, I like this way.

We can go to the terminal settings and open quit the terminal when the shell is executed. And the window will be closed, I like this way.
But this is manual. So why not simply execute the script and it will be executed and simply close it?

Hi, thanks for the time and for this guide...but for me doesn't working. My headphone audio is still distorted.
All information are in the Attach file for problem reporting. I hope it can be useful to solve the problem.

My Laptop specs: MSI PS63 with i7 8650U and UHD620 (ALC298). All working well except headphone audio and HDMI output. I've installed all my kexts in L/E, I've got only CodecCommander in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others

wow :ROFLMAO: it's semi-fixed installing ALCplugfix

sometimes return distorted but if I unplug the headphone jack and re-insert it, it works again

Attachments

• gius0161.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the time and for this guide...but for me doesn't working. My headphone audio is still distorted.
All information are in the Attach file for problem reporting. I hope it can be useful to solve the problem.

My Laptop specs: MSI PS63 with i7 8650U and UHD620 (ALC298). All working well except headphone audio and HDMI output. I've installed all my kexts in L/E, I've got only CodecCommander in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others

wow :ROFLMAO: it's semi-fixed installing ALCplugfix

sometimes return distorted but if I unplug the headphone jack and re-insert it, it works again
You've duplicate devices address for the Graphics and Audio. Remove other and use only one.
Inject Intel must be unchecked
MBP15,2 is a poor choice for this hardware. Use MBP14,1
ACI is not patched correctly. You cannot expect several things to be working. Follow the guide here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-laptop-dsdt-and-ssdts.178/
Your kexts must be installed in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other
FakePCIID kexts should be removed.
Install latest Lilu+WEG+AppleALC and use layout ID=29

Reply with new set of PR files.

Is there anyway to make this solution work without CodecCommander? AppleALC is supposed to have CodecCommander built in and I sometimes boot without audio, I fear it is caused by having CodecCommander twice as per AppleALC installation guide they recommend to remove CodecCommander. The solution works great! But I sometimes have that issue that I boot with no audio. I did tried only removing CodecCommander to check if that did it but sadly i booted with jack distortion.

Is there anyway to make this solution work without CodecCommander?
Unfortunately, not. The guide requires CodecCommander.
AppleALC is supposed to have CodecCommander built in
Are you sure? As per my knowledge, i don't think AppleALC is having CodecCommander or something similar bundled.
I sometimes boot without audio
What Audio Codec?
I fear it is caused by having CodecCommander twice as per AppleALC installation guide they recommend to remove CodecCommander.
No, the CodecCommander is definitely not the cause. On some Audio codec on some hardware, such as ALC295, ALC256, has no audio after boot. This is very common. Can you link where the installation guide it says to remove CodecCommander?
The solution works great!
Yes, the fix works like a charm.
But I sometimes have that issue that I boot with no audio.
No PR files attached. No Codec info mentioned. Like i mentioned earlier, there are some audio codec, on some hardware this issue is very normal.
I did tried only removing CodecCommander to check if that did it but sadly i booted with jack distortion.
Yes, CodecCommander is must.

@EliteMacx86 I've copied the Codec Commander's kext folder in the Opencore's kext folder.
But I'm unable to copy the hda-verb file in usr/bin because I'm getting this error of read only file system in Catalina.

Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 12.29.09 AM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pp23