• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

View attachment 2423

Update
- So I believe that I completely fixed it, I changed some bios settings
What sesames to have fixed it for me was changeing adaptor config to no security and auto switch to bios assist enumeration

I hope this helps someone els
You've a new settings. The main setting is "Thunderbolt Security". But glad that you figured it out on your own. :)

I'll add the fix in the guide and provide credit. ;)

First of all thanks for putting together this guide. TB hot-lug has been a hot topic. I followed your guide to the T and I’m still having trouble. It’s actually disabled my TB3 ports. They were working excellent without the hotplug but now they don’t work at all even when I connect a device before boot.

My specs:
ga-z170x-ud5 th with 2 built in TB3 ports. (I did the firmware update so they were fully functional)
MacOS 10.15.4

I also get the `I2cWR Device Error` on boot but I saw that you mentioned earlier to ignore it. My system definition is iMac14,2 should I try imac pro 1,1? I'm fearful to change my definition to 1,1 based on past experience... lol. Thanks again for the help!!

Attachments

• IOReg_JJ’s iMac.zip
    907.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.28.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.28.35 AM.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.28.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.28.55 AM.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.29.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.29.02 AM.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.30.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.30.32 AM.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.30.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.30.22 AM.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 214
  • config.plist.zip
    2 KB · Views: 151
First of all thanks for putting together this guide. TB hot-lug has been a hot topic. I followed your guide to the T and I’m still having trouble. It’s actually disabled my TB3 ports. They were working excellent without the hotplug but now they don’t work at all even when I connect a device before boot.

My specs:
ga-z170x-ud5 th with 2 built in TB3 ports. (I did the firmware update so they were fully functional)
MacOS 10.15.4

I also get the `I2cWR Device Error` on boot but I saw that you mentioned earlier to ignore it. My system definition is iMac14,2 should I try imac pro 1,1? I'm fearful to change my definition to 1,1 based on past experience... lol. Thanks again for the help!!
Attach your complete PR files.

Attachments

• Clover A.zip
    629 KB · Views: 149
  • Clover B.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Sorry, about that, I thought I had. Looks like my CLOVER file was too big to attach so I'm using google drive:
Yes, again the server was modified and the settings has been changed. Will be fixed soon.
The configuration is not as per the guide.
Start here:
I also get the `I2cWR Device Error` on boot but I saw that you mentioned earlier to ignore it.
Yes, that's normal.
My system definition is iMac14,2 should I try imac pro 1,1? I'm fearful to change my definition to 1,1 based on past experience... lol. Thanks again for the help!!
I suggest you to fix the errors first. And follow the guide to setup your EFI. Once it's done, remove all the TB work and identify the Device address for your TB and proceed with the changes.
If it doesn't works, use iMacPro1,1 and then check.

Yes, again the server was modified and the settings has been changed. Will be fixed soon.
The configuration is not as per the guide.
Start here:

Yes, that's normal.

I suggest you to fix the errors first. And follow the guide to setup your EFI. Once it's done, remove all the TB work and identify the Device address for your TB and proceed with the changes.
If it doesn't works, use iMacPro1,1 and then check.
Ok, got it. I installed using unibeast from tonymac. I'm sure those words are forbidden here, but that's just how I've always made my hacks. Is there something specific you can see that might be stopping the thubderbolt hot swap from working?

Ok, got it. I installed using unibeast from tonymac. I'm sure those words are forbidden here, but that's just how I've always made my hacks. Is there something specific you can see that might be stopping the thubderbolt hot swap from working?
Yes, like other forums, we do NOT discuss about it here. For more information, you can read the rules here:

For the Thunderbolt, you must create a proper configuration as per the guide.

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my bad English; I'm Italian!

I have an ASUS-X299-DELUXE II, running Catalina 10.15.3, Clover 5098.

I've already read all the possible guides on this forum and over the internet, but the hot plug on my TH3 ports still doesn't work. I based my EFI folder on dezinezync's repo on GitHub ----> https://github.com/dezinezync/X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions
downloading the correspondent package for the OS version I'm running. All the things work, except the hot plug

This is the Thunderbolt section on IOReg:

Schermata 2020-05-26 alle 15.20.39.png

This is how the PCI section looks like:

Schermata 2020-05-26 alle 15.26.08.png

These screens are referred to edited SSDT I created following this guide.

-Trying with a Lacie d2 TH3 disk, even without a custom SSDT, the device is recognized after boot, but the hot plug doesn't work

-Also, I have a QNAP TVS-x72XT Thunderbolt 3. This device is not recognized at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my bad English; I'm Italian!

I have an ASUS-X299-DELUXE II, running Catalina 10.15.3, Clover 5098.

I've already read all the possible guides on this forum and over the internet, but the hot plug on my TH3 ports still doesn't work. I based my EFI folder on dezinezync's repo on GitHub ----> https://github.com/dezinezync/X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions
downloading the correspondent package for the OS version I'm running. All the things work, except the hot plug

This is the Thunderbolt section on IOReg:

View attachment 2451

This is how the PCI section looks like:

View attachment 2452

These screens are referred to edited SSDT I created following this guide.

-Trying with a Lacie d2 TH3 disk, even without a custom SSDT, the device is recognized after boot, but the hot plug doesn't work

-Also, I have a QNAP TVS-x72XT Thunderbolt 3. This device is not recognized at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
No PR files attached.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Change4209