• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Hello, I am having a really hard time trying to get my audio interface to work. This is really bringing me down :(
1) Thunderbolt 3 / Presonus Quantum 2626 ...... (I noticed on the other tonymacx86 page, people had success with another Thunderbolt 2 Presonus audio interface which is making me hopeful that this will work)
2) Catalina 10.15.5
3) IOReg version 2.1 Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.40.22 AM.png

NOTE: In the MaciASL program, It would not let me Find and Replace the RP05 with RP21.
When I first opened IOReg, and Cmd+F to find "Thunderbolt", I did in fact find those tabs. But when I opened the other program and realized I couldn't change RP05 -> 21, I assumed maybe it was already set correctly. Then opened the EFI partition and installed the .kext and the Tbt driver, and now when searching "Thunderbolt" in the IOReg I cannot find anything, Any help would be unbelievably appreciated. I really need my audio interface to work because that was entire point of me assembling this computer! That was the entire point of this hackintosh build. I knew it was going to be hard but I am starting to get really anxious about whether or not this is going to work.

Thank you to anyone who replies, in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.44.49 AM.png

Hello, I am having a really hard time trying to get my audio interface to work. This is really bringing me down :(
1) Thunderbolt 3 / Presonus Quantum 2626 ...... (I noticed on the other tonymacx86 page, people had success with another Thunderbolt 2 Presonus audio interface which is making me hopeful that this will work)
2) Catalina 10.15.5
3) IOReg version 2.1View attachment 2646

NOTE: In the MaciASL program, It would not let me Find and Replace the RP05 with RP21.
When I first opened IOReg, and Cmd+F to find "Thunderbolt", I did in fact find those tabs. But when I opened the other program and realized I couldn't change RP05 -> 21, I assumed maybe it was already set correctly. Then opened the EFI partition and installed the .kext and the Tbt driver, and now when searching "Thunderbolt" in the IOReg I cannot find anything, Any help would be unbelievably appreciated. I really need my audio interface to work because that was entire point of me assembling this computer! That was the entire point of this hackintosh build. I knew it was going to be hard but I am starting to get really anxious about whether or not this is going to work.

Thank you to anyone who replies, in advance.

View attachment 2647
Remove all the work done. Connect the TB before you boot the system and then follow the guide.
No PR files attached.

Remove all the work done. Connect the TB before you boot the system and then follow the guide.
No PR files attached.
My apologies. I am following these instructions verbatim, but I still cannot locate "RP05" in the SSDT-Z390-TB3HP.aml" file. On your "Changing the ACPI path" step, after I search for "Thunderbolt" I look in the top left of the screen and see that underneath the "AppleACPIPCI" bullet, it says "RP05@1C,4". Is THAT my ACPI path then? Mine is just different? When in MaciASL, when I compare your screenshot with what mine looks like, it appears mine says "RP05" where yours says "RP21"

ALSO, in the step "Installing the SSDT", it appears that my EFI folder does not have a "patched" subfolder. This is odd because I remember when I was going through the process of trying to install MacOS, I thought I saw this folder somewhere. But it took me a very long time with many different installs so maybe that was from an outdated install. Since it is not there, should I try just creating that folder within that directory? Or just upload it in "OC/ACPI" with the other .aml files?

Additionally, my directories in general don't line up with this guide exactly. In the "Installing Driver and kext" step, I have BOOT and OC folders that are not mentioned. My driver and kext folders are in the OC folder. I do not have a UEFI folder in the Drivers folder, nor do I have a Patched folder in the ACPI folder, nor do I have an Other folder in the Kexts folder.

I am super sorry if this is not necessary for me to ask all of these questions. I am just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. I know this directory is like what is holding this Mac operating system together so I am just worried about screwing it up and having to start all over.

My apologies. I am following these instructions verbatim, but I still cannot locate "RP05" in the SSDT-Z390-TB3HP.aml" file. On your "Changing the ACPI path" step, after I search for "Thunderbolt" I look in the top left of the screen and see that underneath the "AppleACPIPCI" bullet, it says "RP05@1C,4". Is THAT my ACPI path then? Mine is just different? When in MaciASL, when I compare your screenshot with what mine looks like, it appears mine says "RP05" where yours says "RP21"
Yes, that's the ACPI path. Each hardware has different ACPI path.
ALSO, in the step "Installing the SSDT", it appears that my EFI folder does not have a "patched" subfolder. This is odd because I remember when I was going through the process of trying to install MacOS, I thought I saw this folder somewhere. But it took me a very long time with many different installs so maybe that was from an outdated install. Since it is not there, should I try just creating that folder within that directory? Or just upload it in "OC/ACPI" with the other .aml files?
For OC, there is different directory, just use the ACPI folder.
And for OC, you must inject the kexts and drivers otherwise the kexts won't load.
Additionally, my directories in general don't line up with this guide exactly. In the "Installing Driver and kext" step, I have BOOT and OC folders that are not mentioned. My driver and kext folders are in the OC folder. I do not have a UEFI folder in the Drivers folder, nor do I have a Patched folder in the ACPI folder, nor do I have an Other folder in the Kexts folder.
This is because you're using OC instead of CLOVER.
I am super sorry if this is not necessary for me to ask all of these questions. I am just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing. I know this directory is like what is holding this Mac operating system together so I am just worried about screwing it up and having to start all over.
No need to be sorry. :)

For OC, there is different directory, just use the ACPI folder.
And for OC, you must inject the kexts and drivers otherwise the kexts won't load.
Firstly, I can't say thank you enough for such a speedy reply! I really appreciate it
Second, what do you mean by I "must inject the kexts and drivers"?

Is "injecting" not the same thing as moving those files into the proper directories from my downloads? That is the one thing I'm not sure what you mean. In Clover Config I am assuming this is supposed to be here? I feel when I was on this screen in the past, the partition was automatically selected. It will not let me select a partition to install any kexts. It is a very similar situation for the Install Drivers tab.
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 3.59.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 4.02.36 PM.png

On the surface, it looks like there are zero drivers and kexts installed.... but that just cannot be the case I think. I remember installing them, and I don't think my system would be as functional as it is currently without these files, right?

Second, what do you mean by I "must inject the kexts and drivers"?
Well, if you're new to OC, i doubt if you ever prepared your files for the system. For now, i haven't written any guide for OC yet. So, probably, it's likely that you have used someone's else files.

Is "injecting" not the same thing as moving those files into the proper directories from my downloads? That is the one thing I'm not sure what you mean. In Clover Config I am assuming this is supposed to be here? I feel when I was on this screen in the past, the partition was automatically selected. It will not let me select a partition to install any kexts. It is a very similar situation for the Install Drivers tab.
You must understand the difference between OC and CLOVER and both have different directories and tools to configure it.

Well, if you're new to OC, i doubt if you ever prepared your files for the system. For now, i haven't written any guide for OC yet. So, probably, it's likely that you have used someone's else files.

You must understand the difference between OC and CLOVER and both have different directories and tools to configure it.
I see. Well in that case it's time to download Windows and use my interface that way I guess.
As far as using it on this MacOS, there is a ton more research, familiarizing myself, and crossing fingers that I have yet to do.
Thanks for the info!

I see. Well in that case it's time to download Windows and use my interface that way I guess.
Well, that's your choice if you're not willing to put efforts.

Hi,
I plugged a thunderbolt 3 hard drive but I cannot see thunderbolt device in IO registry.
In my windows partition I can see the hard drive.
That's my configuration:
Asus rog 752vs laptop

THUNDERBOLT DEVICE: Alpine ridge Intel Host Chip
MACOS VERSION: 10.13.6

I attached all the files requested. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• RICKYMARU.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 203
Hi,
I plugged a thunderbolt 3 hard drive but I cannot see thunderbolt device in IO registry.
In my windows partition I can see the hard drive.
That's my configuration:
Asus rog 752vs laptop

THUNDERBOLT DEVICE: Alpine ridge Intel Host Chip
MACOS VERSION: 10.13.6

I attached all the files requested. Thanks for your help.
The configuration is not as per the guide.
Start here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbes.elahrami