• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

When i installed, i used the latest version of Clover available.

Here, we do NOT have any guide which uses Unibeast.
To start, just follow the guide and you're good to go.

So I removed the HDD and used an external sata caddy, Disk Utility saw the HDD and I finished Mojave installation just now. I am going to finish up the post install portion and report back.

Thanks for the fast reply. So I did get the machine to boot into OS installation screen after going back and double checking everything. One of the clover builds on here is what I used this time. My problem I am facing now is my drives are not showing up in disk utility.....only the USB installer. I am one step closer than I was yesterday so I am sure I will find my fix in forum.
Make sure you've enabled AHCI mode in BIOS.

So I removed the HDD and used an external sata caddy, Disk Utility saw the HDD and I finished Mojave installation just now. I am going to finish up the post install portion and report back.
Cool.

I did have the BIOS set to AHCI , the only way to get things sorted out was the install via the external method which is working good (full shut down and boot without any start up issues).. As far as post installation. I did use EFI mounter to copy the EFI folder over, that was also successful-no MAJOR boot up issues).. Machine is booting up to desktop with a SSD at a moderate speed ( The boot progress bar hangs a bit but I am not complaining). As of now, I am battling the Ethernet issue, I have a Realtek 82579LM , and have the IntelMausiEthernet. Kext installed ....I am wondering if it is in the wrong place. I did copy it to my other kext in the CLOVER Efi folder. I still have left:

Ehternet (battling now....)
Bluetooth
Audio
USB Ports (would like to see them all function)
Power mngt CPU

And like to see if I have the best graphics set up (looks a little like a pre driver install - Basic display adapter style :)

Almost there, I hope in the most two more days before confirming FULLY WORKING :)

Last edited:
Ethernet working :)

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Confirmed Audio working :)

USB fix has me a little puzzled , I am pretty sure I am not saving the Kext toPatches correctly. But i will take any progress at this point considering a few days ago I was getting nowhere with this build

So I still have left:

Bluetooth
Power Mngt CPU
USB fix
And if there is a better graphics fix

....almost there :)

I have a Realtek 82579LM , and have the IntelMausiEthernet. Kext installed
82579LM is a Intel Network chip not Realtek.
Bluetooth
Have you got a compatible BT/WiFi Card?
Once you have the Audio Codec information, you can use AppleALC to enable the Audio.
USB Ports (would like to see them all function)
If having other Chipset, ports needs to be patched using Injectors.
Power mngt CPU
And like to see if I have the best graphics set up (looks a little like a pre driver install - Basic display adapter style :)
You've got NVIDIA GTX 970 which requires Webdrivers. Unfortunately, there's no any Webdrivers since Mojave. So either buy AMD GPU or rollback to High Sierra. As the CPU doesn't have any integrated Graphics.
Ethernet working :)
Great.
Confirmed Audio working :)
Well done.
USB fix has me a little puzzled , I am pretty sure I am not saving the Kext toPatches correctly. But i will take any progress at this point considering a few days ago I was getting nowhere with this build
Make sure you have USB renames in the Acpi.

Yes, I got confused with the Realtek Audio codec and Intel LAN. The graphics for this build is the most important factor. I think I am going to halt on going any further with the Mojave install and opt for the downgrade to High Sierra. I am guessing the procedure for the install would be similiar to the Mojave install? Anything to look out for with the High Sierra install any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am going to attempt the install today using this guide as a template, replacing High Sierra with Mojave.

Yes, I got confused with the Realtek Audio codec and Intel LAN. The graphics for this build is the most important factor. I think I am going to halt on going any further with the Mojave install and opt for the downgrade to High Sierra. I am guessing the procedure for the install would be similiar to the Mojave install? Anything to look out for with the High Sierra install any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am going to attempt the install today using this guide as a template, replacing High Sierra with Mojave.
Yes, everything would be same except for the two.

1. Createinstallmedia command.
2. USB Port limit patch.

So no good all week on the High Sierra install :( I followd the same steps but the machine turns off and reboots after the clover screen appears and I select install MacOS (it gets to Apple logo then shuts down, a few seconds later it reboots). I'm pretty convinced it;s my config.plist but can not be sure. I found an install guide for a z800 series with High Sierra and that caused kernel panics. Any ideas on what to look for wold be greatly appreciated, the guide for Mojave worked like a charm but my video card has some issues or I would call it a day with Mojave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosfusion