Graphics
520hd
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
Other
Specs of the laptop

• Intel Core i5-6200U (Working Nicely 52*C- 60*C on C6 state)
  • Intel HD 520 (Working)
  • AMD R5 M335 (Testing/ Partial Success)
  • 8 GB RAM (2x 1600mhz Detecting Dual Channel)
  • 1 TB SATA HDD (Working)
  • HDMI (Working)
  • DVD (Working)
  • Realtek ALC3234 audio (working)
  • Intel 3160 WiFi card (Not Supported)
  • Realtek 8109 fast Ethernet (working)
  • Web Camera (would be working as I have issues with using a laptop webcam)
  • 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB 3.0 port (all of them working)
  • SD Card reader (trying to rebuild kext with a generic usb 2.0 crw kext)
Getting a installation copy of MacOS

You'll need a 16+ GB USB, a Mac and an internet connection to download the Installer. I won't be describing it way too much here though: for example, when I say "split your USB drive into two partitions", I assume you know how to use three double u dot google dot com :p. So:

• Open the AppStore, search for "macOS Mojave", download the app
  • While it's downloading, use Disk Utility to split your USB into two partitions: one big, for the installer, formatted as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), and one small, around 500 MB formatted as FAT32 (MS-DOS) for the EFI bootloader (CLOVER)
  • Replace "INSERT_YOUR_USBS_NAME_HERE_FROM_DISK_UTILITY" with your USB drive's name
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/INSERT_YOUR_USB_NAME_FROM_DISK_UTILITY
  • IT MAY ASK FOR YOUR ACC PASSWORD TO ACQUIRE ROOT PERMISSION, and it will take some time.
DOWNLOAD CLOVER AND INSTALL ON THE USB FROM SOURCEFORGE.

Customising The Installer

Lilu-- KERNEL PATCHES

SMC-- To spoof your cpu to make the pc believe this is an actual Mac an pull ionetworkingfamily.kext and others.

1. FakeSMC -- The everywhere accepted and used SMC Spoof working and being maintained for years. this link is a RehabMan fork.
make sure that the SMChelper.efi is in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI, its there usually. as it installs with clover.

To Use FakeSMC download the latest zip and unzip all(not needed but its okay) .kext files to Clover/kexts/other

2) VirtualSMC-- A new version of SMC Emulator

make sure that the SMChelper.efi is not in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI. if there delete it.

Download the VirtualSMC release and copy VirtualSMC.efi from /Drivers to EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

copy the kexts from /Kexts to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other

**//YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE//**

VOODOOPS/2- TO Make the Mouse/Touchpad, keyboard work.

AppleALC- To enable audio (fixing audio guide down)

Realtek Ethernet Driver - A custom version reddit user artikushg found which works nice.

OSX-ACPI-Battery-Driver-- ONLY use with FAKESMC not VirtualSMC. battery driver.

VOODOOTSCSync- CPUCores better sync mostly.

APTIOFIXEFIDRIVERS-- Fixing various problems like Icloud Appstore. these are uefi drivers meant to be moved to /Clover/drivers64UEFI.

APFS DRIVERS-- APFS EFI DRIVERS meant to be moved to /Clover/drivers64UEFI

USE HFS+ IF YOU LIKE. FIND THE EFI DRIVERS ON WEB.

WhateverGreen = Fixing GPUs

NOW YOU NEED A CONFIG.PLIST FILE TO BOOT which would be located as /CLOVER/config.plist. YOU CAN BOOT WITH A VANILLA PLIST FILE or USE This as your base.

system bios info be like

secure boot = disabled (if you're a pro you know how to fix these later and FileVault Stuff)

vt-d = disabled

make a uefi boot entry as the file /Clover/CLOVERX64.EFI

NOW REBOOT AND install.

fixing audio

use Xcode or CloverConfigurator

add a boot arg as alcid=13

under Devices/Audio

Inject=3

resethda = true/tick

testing fix for amd gpu

AS IVE FOUND YET THE GPU IS OF GCN 1.0 ARCH. AND SHOULD WORK UNDER THE AMD800CONTROLLER.KEXT.

SO WE WILL INJECT A FAKEID AS A AMD8000 SUPPORTED BONNAIRE CHIP.

FAKEID = 0X1002665C

FBNAME = RADEON (OR ANY IT WILL GET THE BEST FRAMEBUFFER)

LOADVBIOS = TRUE

RADEONDEINIT = TRUE

INJECT AMD = TRUE

GRAPHICS IS DETECTING AS IRIS 550 WHILE DPCI AND SYSTEM REPORT SHOWS ITS SUPPORTED.

App Store AND ICLOUD FIX

APTIO DRIVER FIXES THE MAIN ISSUES BUT DO GENERATE A SMBIOS AS MAC BOOK PRO 13,1

sometimes not booting or booting issues.

use args

-v = verbose output on screen to debug

-f = to boot without caches.

Last edited by a moderator:

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AROUS GAMING 3
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Specs of the laptop

• Intel Core i5-6200U (Working Nicely 52*C- 60*C on C6 state)
  • Intel HD 520 (Working)
  • AMD R5 M335 (Testing/ Partial Success)
  • 8 GB RAM (2x 1600mhz Detecting Dual Channel)
  • 1 TB SATA HDD (Working)
  • HDMI (Working)
  • DVD (Working)
  • Realtek ALC3234 audio (working)
  • Intel 3160 WiFi card (Not Supported)
  • Realtek 8109 fast Ethernet (working)
  • Web Camera (would be working as I have issues with using a laptop webcam)
  • 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB 3.0 port (all of them working)
  • SD Card reader (trying to rebuild kext with a generic usb 2.0 crw kext)
Getting a installation copy of MacOS

You'll need a 16+ GB USB, a Mac and an internet connection to download the Installer. I won't be describing it way too much here though: for example, when I say "split your USB drive into two partitions", I assume you know how to use three double u dot google dot com :p. So:

• Open the AppStore, search for "macOS Mojave", download the app
  • While it's downloading, use Disk Utility to split your USB into two partitions: one big, for the installer, formatted as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), and one small, around 500 MB formatted as FAT32 (MS-DOS) for the EFI bootloader (CLOVER)
  • Replace "INSERT_YOUR_USBS_NAME_HERE_FROM_DISK_UTILITY" with your USB drive's name
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/INSERT_YOUR_USB_NAME_FROM_DISK_UTILITY
  • IT MAY ASK FOR YOUR ACC PASSWORD TO ACQUIRE ROOT PERMISSION, and it will take some time.
DOWNLOAD CLOVER AND INSTALL ON THE USB FROM SOURCEFORGE.

Customising The Installer

Lilu-- KERNEL PATCHES

SMC-- To spoof your cpu to make the pc believe this is an actual Mac an pull ionetworkingfamily.kext and others.

1. FakeSMC -- The everywhere accepted and used SMC Spoof working and being maintained for years. this link is a RehabMan fork.
make sure that the SMChelper.efi is in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI, its there usually. as it installs with clover.

To Use FakeSMC download the latest zip and unzip all(not needed but its okay) .kext files to Clover/kexts/other

2) VirtualSMC-- A new version of SMC Emulator

make sure that the SMChelper.efi is not in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI. if there delete it.

Download the VirtualSMC release and copy VirtualSMC.efi from /Drivers to EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

copy the kexts from /Kexts to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other

**//YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE//**

VOODOOPS/2- TO Make the Mouse/Touchpad, keyboard work.

AppleALC- To enable audio (fixing audio guide down)

Realtek Ethernet Driver - A custom version reddit user artikushg found which works nice.

OSX-ACPI-Battery-Driver-- ONLY use with FAKESMC not VirtualSMC. battery driver.

VOODOOTSCSync- CPUCores better sync mostly.

APTIOFIXEFIDRIVERS-- Fixing various problems like Icloud Appstore. these are uefi drivers meant to be moved to /Clover/drivers64UEFI.

APFS DRIVERS-- APFS EFI DRIVERS meant to be moved to /Clover/drivers64UEFI

USE HFS+ IF YOU LIKE. FIND THE EFI DRIVERS ON WEB.

WhateverGreen = Fixing GPUs

NOW YOU NEED A CONFIG.PLIST FILE TO BOOT which would be located as /CLOVER/config.plist. YOU CAN BOOT WITH A VANILLA PLIST FILE or USE This as your base.

system bios info be like

secure boot = disabled (if you're a pro you know how to fix these later and FileVault Stuff)

vt-d = disabled

make a uefi boot entry as the file /Clover/CLOVERX64.EFI

NOW REBOOT AND install.

fixing audio

use Xcode or CloverConfigurator

add a boot arg as alcid=13

under Devices/Audio

Inject=3

resethda = true/tick

testing fix for amd gpu

AS IVE FOUND YET THE GPU IS OF GCN 1.0 ARCH. AND SHOULD WORK UNDER THE AMD800CONTROLLER.KEXT.

SO WE WILL INJECT A FAKEID AS A AMD8000 SUPPORTED BONNAIRE CHIP.

FAKEID = 0X1002665C

FBNAME = RADEON (OR ANY IT WILL GET THE BEST FRAMEBUFFER)

LOADVBIOS = TRUE

RADEONDEINIT = TRUE

INJECT AMD = TRUE

GRAPHICS IS DETECTING AS IRIS 550 WHILE DPCI AND SYSTEM REPORT SHOWS ITS SUPPORTED.

App Store AND ICLOUD FIX

APTIO DRIVER FIXES THE MAIN ISSUES BUT DO GENERATE A SMBIOS AS MAC BOOK PRO 13,1

sometimes not booting or booting issues.

use args

-v = verbose output on screen to debug

-f = to boot without caches.
-f isn't required. As it's a Switchable Graphics so AMD Graphics will not work. You must disable it. Read here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-disable-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops-nvidia-amd.180/

Last edited:

Superfly

Motherboard
dell 15 5559
CPU
i5-6200u
Graphics
hd520
OS X/macOS
10.15 (Beta)
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
Android

anishsheih

Motherboard
dell 5559
CPU
i5 6200u
Graphics
520hd
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
Other
-f isn't required. As it's a Switchable Graphics so AMD Graphics will not work. You must disable it.
Read here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-disable-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops-nvidia-amd.180/
-f and -v are both not required but on first boots or install. It’s better not to create caches.
The switchable graphics are being tested on newer firmwares. Whatever green kext will disable the amd gpu automatically on newer version of kext. Isn’t it?

anishsheih

Motherboard
dell 5559
CPU
i5 6200u
Graphics
520hd
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
Other
But this is awkward I was checking it’s a switchable graphics but being detected if I add it’s device Id to the s/l/e amd controller 8000 kext.(cause that is gcn 1.0 arch). It’s partially working idk how.

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
-f and -v are both not required but on first boots or install. It’s better not to create caches.
The switchable graphics are being tested on newer firmwares. Whatever green kext will disable the amd gpu automatically on newer version of kext. Isn’t it?
No, it doesn't disables. You'll need to disable it via ACPI patches.

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
But this is awkward I was checking it’s a switchable graphics but being detected if I add it’s device Id to the s/l/e amd controller 8000 kext.(cause that is gcn 1.0 arch). It’s partially working idk how.
Can you provide the PR files along with About This Mac, Display and Graphics and Displays from System Information?

anishsheih

Motherboard
dell 5559
CPU
i5 6200u
Graphics
520hd
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
Other
place under ACPI/patched
ssdt.aml----use these ACPI patches, Cpupm fixed, disable generate c and p states from clover. cpu working on 50*C-54*C
SSDT-PNLF----brightness fix use with applebacklightfixup kext

Hotkey fix-- If you don't get hotkeys working ootb, get karabiner elements and bind the f11/12 or you can go pro with customise your keymapping on the keyboard kext.

Attachments

anishsheih

Motherboard
dell 5559
CPU
i5 6200u
Graphics
520hd
OS X/macOS
Bootloader
Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
Other
and another fix is somehow clover boot arg darkwake=10 fixes sleep and enables lid closed sleep wake function. more testing is needed.