• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

How to install Win10 on hackintosh with clover

biglibigli

Motherboard
ASUSTeK X556UQK - laptop
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2904 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 - NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
OS X/macOS
10.15.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, how can I create WIN10 usb installer in my catalina hackintosh and install it on another disk(Not my mac disk).

I used these two method and got errors in both, am I in a right direction ?
1. have a USB EFI boot win 10, insert it and in clover load from it, then when I try to format.delete partition but every time it say can't install on this drive.
2. try to create boot USB with Boot camp assistant with download from action menu AND from Win 10 ISO but in both way got error.

thanks

Hi, how can I create WIN10 usb installer in my catalina hackintosh and install it on another disk(Not my mac disk).

I used these two method and got errors in both, am I in a right direction ?
1. have a USB EFI boot win 10, insert it and in clover load from it, then when I try to format.delete partition but every time it say can't install on this drive.
2. try to create boot USB with Boot camp assistant with download from action menu AND from Win 10 ISO but in both way got error.

thanks
What I suggest to do is to disconnect the power cable of other disks and only leave the disk that you wanna install windows on and once you are finished installing windows just attach back all the other disks and make the disk that has Clover on it the primary disk in BIOS and Clover will detect the Windows partition automatically.
Other wise you might not be able to install windows that easily.
That's the fastest way IMHO.

Good luck.

Reactions: biglibigli
What I suggest to do is to disconnect the power cable of other disks and only leave the disk that you wanna install windows on and once you are finished installing windows just attach back all the other disks and make the disk that has Clover on it the primary disk in BIOS and Clover will detect the Windows partition automatically.
Other wise you might not be able to install windows that easily.
That's the fastest way IMHO.

Good luck.
good, do think I can do it by disable hard disk from BIOS ?

good, do think I can do it by disable hard disk from BIOS ?
No I don't think that's gonna work.

P.S.
You can give it a try though, but if I remember correctly disabling it in BIOS didn't work for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacBook8821