• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

HP Pavilion G6 1250ej

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seller confirmed that it is the BIOS chip and that their’s programmer will work with it.
So I ordered it.
Sounds good.

The programmer finally arrived after almost 2 months.

Attachments

• IMG_7230.jpg
    IMG_7230.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 162
After checking, it looks like that it is the BIOS chip, and it has 1MB.

So, how am I going to re-flash it?
Like, the original BIOS update bin file takes almost 5MB, how am I going to fit that on a 1MB chip? (Here's its datasheet: http://www.amictechnology.com/datasheets/A25L020.pdf)
Or am I just reading the wrong value? And all I have to do is wipe everything that's on that chip right now and re-flash it?

Also, looks like no matter how many times I re-align the connector, it always reads different values.

Here are some screenshots of a couple of lines that could indicate that its in fact the BIOS chip:

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 10.54.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 10.54.36 PM.png
2020-09-14 22_49_12-CH341A Programmer.png
2020-09-14 22_18_05-Window.png
(The BIOS I have on this laptop right now is a modded one, that I tried to flash a couple month ago and bricked the laptop (as I said before))

2020-09-14 22_50_53-CH341A Programmer.png

Also including the bin file I managed to download from the chip below

Attachments

• A25L0100-UF.bin.zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
After checking, it looks like that it is the BIOS chip, and it has 1MB.

So, how am I going to re-flash it?
Like, the original BIOS update bin file takes almost 5MB, how am I going to fit that on a 1MB chip? (Here's its datasheet: http://www.amictechnology.com/datasheets/A25L020.pdf)
Or am I just reading the wrong value? And all I have to do is wipe everything that's on that chip right now and re-flash it?

Also, looks like no matter how many times I re-align the connector, it always reads different values.

Here are some screenshots of a couple of lines that could indicate that its in fact the BIOS chip:

View attachment 2707
View attachment 2708
View attachment 2709
View attachment 2710
(The BIOS I have on this laptop right now is a modded one, that I tried to flash a couple month ago and bricked the laptop (as I said before))

View attachment 2711

Also including the bin file I managed to download from the chip below
Normally, it should be 8MB.

Here is a video which will help you.

Well, that specific chip has 1MB according to its datasheet
Maybe it’s not the BIOS chip even though the programmer read some text that’s in the BIOS.

Well, that specific chip has 1MB according to its datasheet
Maybe it’s not the BIOS chip even though the programmer read some text that’s in the BIOS.
Most probably.

Yea.
But I think that it’s just because I am not probing the right chip.
And didn’t have time to take the entire laptop apart yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amoses