• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Lenovo T430 laptop osX 11.4 Opencore 0.6.3 - sound chip ALC3202 not working

aloysius

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T430
CPU
I5-3320
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone !
I really need help to fix my opencore BigSur. Everything is fine except the fact I can't manage to activate my embedded ALC3202 sound chip.
I really tried everything but nothing worked, I'm stuck with a 'no sound' Lenovo T430.
No soundcard is present in the operating system and DCPIManager returns no codec, only Device and sub-device IDs.
If anyone has got any idea about this issue, I'll really appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks.

Hi everyone !
I really need help to fix my opencore BigSur. Everything is fine except the fact I can't manage to activate my embedded ALC3202 sound chip.
I really tried everything but nothing worked, I'm stuck with a 'no sound' Lenovo T430.
No soundcard is present in the operating system and DCPIManager returns no codec, only Device and sub-device IDs.
If anyone has got any idea about this issue, I'll really appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks.
It's ALC269. Use Layout ID=28.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I already tried alcid=28, but no soundcard was found. I tried so much other layout IDs but no sound card available when rebooting. Never. As I said I tried almost everything, even patching DSDT but for sure, I missed something. If you need any file to examine, I can attach anything useful in order to try to understand what's wrong with my opencore configuration. Please let me know.
:)

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I already tried alcid=28, but no soundcard was found. I tried so much other layout IDs but no sound card available when rebooting. Never. As I said I tried almost everything, even patching DSDT but for sure, I missed something. If you need any file to examine, I can attach anything useful in order to try to understand what's wrong with my opencore configuration. Please let me know.
:)
If you have patched the ACPI, attach your PR files to check further.

I don't really know what 'PR' files means, so I attached the whole EFI directory if it can be useful. What are PR files ?
Thank you very much for trying to help.

ps : ok, I found PR file means Problem Reporting file... I'm gonna take a look at this particular topic.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I don't really know what 'PR' files means, so I attached the whole EFI directory if it can be useful. What are PR files ?
Thank you very much for trying to help.

ps : ok, I found PR file means Problem Reporting file... I'm gonna take a look at this particular topic.
Incomplete PR files. IOReg and Kextcache output is missing.

I'm sorry, I missed the complete guide about how to post a proper help request before posting this request 😕. I understand you need every useful information about hackintosh installation and missing info can be pretty annoying when trying to help.
This time, I tried to provide full ioreg extracted with ioRegistryExplorer and Kextcache output (which is empty) using : sudo kextcache -i/
I also joined patchmatic -extractall output files if it can be useful in any way.
Once again, thank you for you help.

Attachments

• PR files.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 138
I'm sorry, I missed the complete guide about how to post a proper help request before posting this request 😕. I understand you need every useful information about hackintosh installation and missing info can be pretty annoying when trying to help.
This time, I tried to provide full ioreg extracted with ioRegistryExplorer and Kextcache output (which is empty) using : sudo kextcache -i/
I also joined patchmatic -extractall output files if it can be useful in any way.
Once again, thank you for you help.
IOReg is corrupt. Use V2.

Do you need this sort of file instead ? Please take a look at the joined file.
Result of "ioreg -f >ioreg.txt" command.

Attachments

• ioreg.txt.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 103
Do you need this sort of file instead ? Please take a look at the joined file.
Result of "ioreg -f >ioreg.txt" command.
You need to attach a copy of IOReg.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanch.digital