• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Catalina install menu, no wi-fi

al3xqq

Motherboard
HP 84E9
CPU
Intel Core i7-8850H Coffee Lake
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630 | NVIDIA GTX 1050 Max-Q
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone! I followed this guide for online installer. But i gut stuck at install menu because i have no wi-fi. I tried all the kexts for wifi, all the methods i found, but no luck. Tried itlwm.kext, AirportItlwm.kext (not both at the same time of course), AppleIntelWifiAdapterV2.kext, and some other tips i found on web.. I tried even with tethering but it does not show anything both iphone/android (i have usbinjectall for this).
Latest releases for kext and opencore.
Wi-fi card: Intel Wireless AC 9560 160MHz.
Mac os installer: Catalina
Bootloader: OpenCore
Laptop Specs:
HP EliteBook 1050 G1 15,6" || Processor: Intel Core i7-8850H; Codename: Coffee Lake-H, 6-Core, 9MB Cache || Motherboard: HP 84E9; Chipset: Intel CM246 (Cannon Lake-H) || Memory: 16GB RAM, DDR4 SDRAM || GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 [Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Coffee Lake-H GT2) [Hewlett-Packard]] || GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q; 4GB DDR5 ||Storage: 256GB SSD PCIe NVMe || Connection: 2xUSB3.0, 2xUSB3.1 Type C

P.S.: I had a preconfigured image with another macos version from web, my wi-fi was working flawless in recovery but the config/acpi was not good and i could not install it.. it don't remember exactly which version because i tried a lot of preconfigured images, but i'm 70% shure it was High Sierra.

Attachments

• config.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 2
Hello everyone! I followed this guide for online installer. But i gut stuck at install menu because i have no wi-fi. I tried all the kexts for wifi, all the methods i found, but no luck. Tried itlwm.kext, AirportItlwm.kext (not both at the same time of course), AppleIntelWifiAdapterV2.kext, and some other tips i found on web.. I tried even with tethering but it does not show anything both iphone/android (i have usbinjectall for this).
Latest releases for kext and opencore.
Wi-fi card: Intel Wireless AC 9560 160MHz.
Mac os installer: Catalina
Bootloader: OpenCore
Laptop Specs:
HP EliteBook 1050 G1 15,6" || Processor: Intel Core i7-8850H; Codename: Coffee Lake-H, 6-Core, 9MB Cache || Motherboard: HP 84E9; Chipset: Intel CM246 (Cannon Lake-H) || Memory: 16GB RAM, DDR4 SDRAM || GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 [Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Coffee Lake-H GT2) [Hewlett-Packard]] || GPU2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q; 4GB DDR5 ||Storage: 256GB SSD PCIe NVMe || Connection: 2xUSB3.0, 2xUSB3.1 Type C

P.S.: I had a preconfigured image with another macos version from web, my wi-fi was working flawless in recovery but the config/acpi was not good and i could not install it.. it don't remember exactly which version because i tried a lot of preconfigured images, but i'm 70% shure it was High Sierra.
Are you sure your WiFi/BT is from Intel? Have you checked it in the Device Manager? Please note that the kext differs for each macOS version for the Intel WiFi.

Tethering via iPhone should work normally. However, for Android, HoRINDs is required.

Reactions: al3xqq
Yes, wi-fi card is Intel.
I tried HoRINDs, nothig appears when Android connected, install don't work; iPhone, same thing...
I stick to this online installer, because on any method of online installer i get error speed unsupported mantissa...

Yes, wi-fi card is Intel.
I tried HoRINDs, nothig appears when Android connected, install don't work; iPhone, same thing...
I stick to this online installer, because on any method of online installer i get error speed unsupported mantissa...
The WiFi should work. What's the WiFi/BT Model?

Also, what version of macOS you're trying to install?

I’m trying to install Catalina (online installer), with the method with macrecovery.
Wi-fi card: Intel Wireless AC 9560 160MHz

I’m trying to install Catalina (online installer), with the method with macrecovery.
Wi-fi card: Intel Wireless AC 9560 160MHz
Do you see the WiFi icon in the Recovery?

No, with airport…kext i can’t see it anywhere, but with intl…kext i can see in network connection the adapter en0, says it’s intel, wifi, apple and INACTIVE. (in recovery).

I’m really mad because i told you some days ago in a particulary macos and efi downloaded from web worked fully, wi-fi icon, connected to my wi fi, etc.. if i knew this will be a problem i would save that efi.. or kexts

i just realised now, that when wi fi was working, i had a clover build, all the thing i’m trying now is with opencore..

or does it have something with secureboot? I read something about it

//EDIT//
Bro, i managed to install the online recovery. In adaos to first post the steps i did are this: bios thunderbolt off, bios type C off, kext xhci unsupported, kext usbinjectall, kext itlwm, kext intel bluetoothinjection, kext intelbluetoothfirmware, kext nvmefix, kext catalinahci.

After those, i still did not have a menu for wifi for connecting to a network, so i read somewhere that you cand add a network manually in info.plist in intlwm kext folder, so i added my network there and i had working internet, but the icon still wont apear in recovery but it’s working.
Catalina macOs
OpenCore

Last edited:
Reactions: EliteMacx86
No, with airport…kext i can’t see it anywhere, but with intl…kext i can see in network connection the adapter en0, says it’s intel, wifi, apple and INACTIVE. (in recovery).

I’m really mad because i told you some days ago in a particulary macos and efi downloaded from web worked fully, wi-fi icon, connected to my wi fi, etc.. if i knew this will be a problem i would save that efi.. or kexts

i just realised now, that when wi fi was working, i had a clover build, all the thing i’m trying now is with opencore..

or does it have something with secureboot? I read something about it

//EDIT//
Bro, i managed to install the online recovery. In adaos to first post the steps i did are this: bios thunderbolt off, bios type C off, kext xhci unsupported, kext usbinjectall, kext itlwm, kext intel bluetoothinjection, kext intelbluetoothfirmware, kext nvmefix, kext catalinahci.

After those, i still did not have a menu for wifi for connecting to a network, so i read somewhere that you cand add a network manually in info.plist in intlwm kext folder, so i added my network there and i had working internet, but the icon still wont apear in recovery but it’s working.
Catalina macOs
OpenCore
Will be testing more and updating the guide accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian_ryzentoshero