• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Trying to boot recovery image on Sandy Bridge (for install), no succes

Ok.
Let's start over.
Last night did a fresh install of Monterey, all good (with the same quirks for booter RebuildAppleMemoryMap and EnableWriteUnprotector).

Added Device Properties and boot args for HD7770, connected de dGPU and all works, everything fine, cool video output, the card is recognized natively and well, but in videoproc i have no hardware acceleration, what to do about it?

Dealed with CPU Power Management, everything good i think, because i don't know how to test this 🤔

I can't get it out from sleep, nothing works like, power button, mouse, click, keyboard.

From time to time, the pc freeze for like 20-25 secs, this is because pc's lower spec or could be something else?

Know, with the EFI, what should i do, to be able to boot MacOS without USB?

Last edited:
1. SetupVirtualMap+EnableWriteUnprotector:
Code:
Can't boot, got - EXIT:BS:START
2. SetupVirtualMap+RebuildAppleMemoryMap
Code:
Can't boot, got - https://imageupload.io/JSiO7brQgM5Mgte
3. EnableWriteUnprotector
- Same as nr 1
4. RebuildAppleMemoryMap
- Same as nr 2

NVRAM reseted twice for every point (1,2,3,4)
In that case, roll back to the previous Quirk settings.

One more thing, maybe it helps you in diagnosing the problem. When i power on the pc, it goes straight to Windows Desktop, no OpenCore picker, only if choose the stick from boot menu shows the OpenCore picker.
That's a normal expected behavior.

---------------------
One little update: Tried to deal with cpu power management post install as dortania tells, I just added the "drop" tables in config, restarted and boom, OCB: LoadImage failed
--------------------
I removed the "drop" tables, now it won't boot anymore.... :mad::mad:
You should focus on one thing at a time.

Added Device Properties and boot args for HD7770, connected de dGPU and all works, everything fine, cool video output, the card is recognized natively and well, but in videoproc i have no hardware acceleration, what to do about it?
To use the HW video encoder, you'll need to add -radcodec in your bootargs.

Dealed with CPU Power Management, everything good i think, because i don't know how to test this 🤔
Read here:

I can't get it out from sleep, nothing works like, power button, mouse, click, keyboard.
Can you rephrase?

From time to time, the pc freeze for like 20-25 secs, this is because pc's lower spec or could be something else?
Seems like the Configuration is the issue if your hardware is not faulty.

Know, with the EFI, what should i do, to be able to boot MacOS without USB?
Read here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newtony