• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

dGPU disabled but fan is still spinning

rlindsberg

Motherboard
ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
CPU
Graphics
RTX 3080
OS X/macOS
12.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I have built a desktop for Hackintosh and some gaming in Windows. I disabled the discrete GPU with all three methods (tried one by one) described in https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html#windows-gpu-selection. I see that the GPU disappears from macOS, but the fans are still spinning like crazy. Note that in Windows and Linux, the fans will be in 0 rpm when core temperature is less than 60 C.

Also when using the SSDT method, then HDMI display will glitch after logging in, and DP display will turn black. Then everything becomes normal again after around 30 seconds.

Can someone please help me?

Specs:
Asus Z490-e gaming
i9 10850k
MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
  • ssdt.zip
    187 KB · Views: 2
Hi!

I have built a desktop for Hackintosh and some gaming in Windows. I disabled the discrete GPU with all three methods (tried one by one) described in https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html#windows-gpu-selection. I see that the GPU disappears from macOS, but the fans are still spinning like crazy. Note that in Windows and Linux, the fans will be in 0 rpm when core temperature is less than 60 C.

Also when using the SSDT method, then HDMI display will glitch after logging in, and DP display will turn black. Then everything becomes normal again after around 30 seconds.

Can someone please help me?

Specs:
Asus Z490-e gaming
i9 10850k
MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM
Incomplete PR Files attached. IOReg and System Report is missing.

Incomplete PR Files attached. IOReg and System Report is missing.
Thanks for the reply. After some googling I finally understand how to get IOReg and System Report. Please find them attached.

Attachments

• PRfiles.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 3
Thanks for the reply. After some googling I finally understand how to get IOReg and System Report. Please find them attached.
The dGPU definitely looks disabled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubovskoy.sergey