• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Is Dell Inspiron 3505 (AMD Ryzen 5) supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aditya

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3505
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3450U
Graphics
AMD Radeon Vega 8
OS X/macOS
14.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hey everyone! I've recently been trying to hackintosh my Dell Inspiron 3505 whose specs I have detailed below:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3450U (4 cores + 8 threads)
GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 (integrated GPU)
SSD: Samsung PM991 256GB
RAM: 8GB

OpenCore 0.9.7 - macOS 14 latest
I'm not thinking about sound/wifi FOR NOW. For now, I'm just trying to get the thing booted up atleast till the macOS Installer part. But I cannot even get to there, I'm stuck at:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

Have uploaded my EFI. Would be helpful if the elites here could help me out, thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hey everyone! I've recently been trying to hackintosh my Dell Inspiron 3505 whose specs I have detailed below:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3450U (4 cores + 8 threads)
GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 (integrated GPU)
SSD: Samsung PM991 256GB
RAM: 8GB

OpenCore 0.9.7 - macOS 14 latest
I'm not thinking about sound/wifi FOR NOW. For now, I'm just trying to get the thing booted up atleast till the macOS Installer part. But I cannot even get to there, I'm stuck at:

Have uploaded my EFI. Would be helpful if the elites here could help me out, thanks!
Disable EnableWriteUnprotector and then check.

Also, try to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Disable EnableWriteUnprotector and then check.

Also, try to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
Thanks for the reply.

In the meantime, I did some research and found out that the Samsung PM991 (my SSD) is unsupported in macOS, so anyway I wouldn't be able to install macOS on the laptop even if I got past the boot errors. So I abandoned trying to Hackintosh it.

Thanks for the reply.

In the meantime, I did some research and found out that the Samsung PM991 (my SSD) is unsupported in macOS, so anyway I wouldn't be able to install macOS on the laptop even if I got past the boot errors. So I abandoned trying to Hackintosh it.
Okay. Closing the thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pajakaskarov