• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED Kernel panic when trying to boot to the installer - "vm_shared_region_start_address() failed"

liraz747

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7040
CPU
Intel i5-6600
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm trying to install macOS Ventura (was previously running macOS Monterey with everything working perfectly), so I followed the Dortania guide, but when trying to boot to the installer I get a lot of errors saying "vm_shared_region_start_address() failed", and afterwards it gets stuck after a lot of errors saying "Failed to bootstrap path ... Operation already in progress"

Here is a video showing the verbose output when trying to boot-

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• OC.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to install macOS Ventura (was previously running macOS Monterey with everything working perfectly), so I followed the Dortania guide, but when trying to boot to the installer I get a lot of errors saying "vm_shared_region_start_address() failed", and afterwards it gets stuck after a lot of errors saying "Failed to bootstrap path ... Operation already in progress"

Here is a video showing the verbose output when trying to boot-

(Sorry for the weird link, it's OneDrive)

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!
The link is wrong.

Secondly, the EFI is not as per the guide.

Updated the link

My EFI was completely okay actually
Apparently I just made the stupidest mistake lol
I somehow managed to forgetWhateverGreen.kext

I wasn't actually having any errors - the "vm_shared_region_start_address() failed" errors are turned out to be normal and ignorable
What happened was that macOS booted fine but without WhateverGreen it couldn't display anything obviously

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gusknzn