• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Spoof PCI device ID in Windows

zack4485

Motherboard
vSphere VM
CPU
Intel Xeon Silver 4108
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can anyone help me change the PCI device ID on a GPU in Windows? I've implemented an OpenCore config.plist deviceproperties rename and that doesn't work. I've created an SSDT to rename the device and that doesn't work. I've combined the SSDT with an OpenCore patch to rename the device's _DSM method and that doesn't work.

deleted

Last edited:
See attached my config.plist and my SSDT file...

Attachments

• config.plist.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 1
  • SSDT-VSPHERE-NVIDIA-VGPU-SPOOF.dsl.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
So, you need to spoof a device ID on Windows? Or is it on macOS?

I want to spoof on Windows using OpenCore and/or SSDT...I don't see why it shouldn't be possible when SSDTs are seen by all operating systems (unless you explicitly add an "if" condition to filter out certain OS).

It's definitely possible to spoof a PCI device ID in Windows because that's how the NVIDIA vGPU unlock works on Linux--you have to tell KVM to present a consumer-grade GPU device ID to Windows.

I'm just trying to do it in OpenCore and/or SSDT instead of having to run a KVM-based VM.

At least for now my assumption is my SSDT or my OpenCore patch is wrong and could be troubleshot as if it's MacOS--I don't see any reason (yet) to think the problem is with Windows.

Can somebody take a look at my patch and my SSDT and tell me if there's any obvious errors?

:)

I want to spoof on Windows using OpenCore and/or SSDT...I don't see why it shouldn't be possible when SSDTs are seen by all operating systems (unless you explicitly add an "if" condition to filter out certain OS).

It's definitely possible to spoof a PCI device ID in Windows because that's how the NVIDIA vGPU unlock works on Linux--you have to tell KVM to present a consumer-grade GPU device ID to Windows.

I'm just trying to do it in OpenCore and/or SSDT instead of having to run a KVM-based VM.

At least for now my assumption is my SSDT or my OpenCore patch is wrong and could be troubleshot as if it's MacOS--I don't see any reason (yet) to think the problem is with Windows.

Can somebody take a look at my patch and my SSDT and tell me if there's any obvious errors?

:)
Read here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsRazum