• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Asus UEFI

RamboHyland

Motherboard
Asus z270f
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Asus Strix 1070 oc
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am not sure whether I have Legacy BIOS or UEFI on my device with an Asus Strix Z270F motherboard.
When I look at system information and disk management, it says Legacy, but when I load into my BIOS, it says "UEFI BIOS" at the bottom of the screen and looks like UEFI, similar to https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XTjp_-LHKPc/maxresdefault.jpg. I would like to change to UEFI and have tried the mbr2gpt /validate command, but it scanned disk one instead of disk zero and didnt say error or complete.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely stuck and would prefer to use UEFI clover over legacy.

I am not sure whether I have Legacy BIOS or UEFI on my device with an Asus Strix Z270F motherboard.
When I look at system information and disk management, it says Legacy, but when I load into my BIOS, it says "UEFI BIOS" at the bottom of the screen and looks like UEFI, similar to https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XTjp_-LHKPc/maxresdefault.jpg. I would like to change to UEFI and have tried the mbr2gpt /validate command, but it scanned disk one instead of disk zero and didnt say error or complete.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely stuck and would prefer to use UEFI clover over legacy.
Your hardware is UEFI and you can use Clover UEFI.

Your hardware is UEFI and you can use Clover UEFI.
I am not sure my hardware is UEFI
I have 3 drives, 1 SSD and 2 HDD, Windows is installed on the SSD which is 238GB and MBR, the first HDD is 1TB and MBR, and the last one is 6TB and GPT, so I am not quite sure my hardware is UEFI atm, any solutions/recommendations?

I am not sure my hardware is UEFI
It's 100% UEFI supported.
I have 3 drives, 1 SSD and 2 HDD, Windows is installed on the SSD which is 238GB and MBR, the first HDD is 1TB and MBR, and the last one is 6TB and GPT, so I am not quite sure my hardware is UEFI atm, any solutions/recommendations?
You can install the Mac on the second HDD or the SSD (preferred).

Even though my drives are MBR, I can still install clover UEFI version because my bios/uefi supports it?

You must format it then.
I need to format my drives to GPT? I have tried using the mbr2gpt command but it has not worked, it wasn't that it didn't validate, it said invalid argument, any help with that if it is the drives that I need to format?

I need to format my drives to GPT? I have tried using the mbr2gpt command but it has not worked, it wasn't that it didn't validate, it said invalid argument, any help with that if it is the drives that I need to format?
When at Disk Utility, you'll need to format the drive you want to install Mac. Note that you must backup your drive before erasing.

When at Disk Utility, you'll need to format the drive you want to install Mac. Note that you must backup your drive before erasing.
By format to you meant convert to GPT? Because if so could you tell me how I would do that, or is this a post install task? My isntall USB is GPT, the drive on my PC that I am installing macos on is MBR.

By format to you meant convert to GPT? Because if so could you tell me how I would do that, or is this a post install task? My isntall USB is GPT, the drive on my PC that I am installing macos on is MBR.
You cannot install macOS on a MBR partition. The drive needs to be formatted. Format the drive at Disk Utility. If there's any data, backup it first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwwex