• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED Dual boot Windows 11 ve Sonoma not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

timwozni

Motherboard
Gigabyte H510M H V2
CPU
Intel i5 11400
Graphics
MSI RX6800
OS X/macOS
14.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
DualBoot Sonoma and Windows 11 boot problem
(OSX-HDD) I successfully installed Sonoma 14.0 on my 1st NVWM disk. And I disconnected the disk.
Then I successfully installed Windows 11 on my 2nd (WIN-HDD) sata/ssd disk.

Copy the "Microsoft" folder in the EFI folder on the WIN-HDD disk. I pasted it as MAC-HDD/EFI/EFI/Micosoft.

1710369207484.png

DISK1(WIN-HDD)
+ EFI(Microsoft)

DISK2 (MACHDD)
- EFI(Partition)
+ EFI(OpenCOre EFI
+BOOT
+OC
+Microsoft

Then I connected both disks to the system. I changed the BIOS to boot from OSX-HDD.

I started the system. I entered Windows from OpenCore Boot Picker. The system booted without any problems.

I restarted the system.

This time I chose MAC HDD from OpenCOre boot picker.

But the boot loading screen is stuck at about 4%.

Then I unplugged the computer.
I selected MAC HD again from the OpenCore boot picker.
And OSX sonom booted successfully.

Then I shut down the system again. I booted it again from MAC HDD. Sonoma was opened successfully again.

Then I shut down the system again. This time I selected Windows from the OpenCore boot picker. Windows opened successfully.

And finally I restarted the system again.

This time I choose MACHD from OpenCore Boot Picker.

And the result. The system still gets stuck on the loading screen at around 4%.

So, once you enter Windows, the system crashes. But when you unplug the computer and plug it back in, this crash is fixed.

What do you think could be the reason?

1710368629846.png

Even if Windows is opened even once, it breaks the MAC HD. Unplugging the system fixes it.

I turned on verbose mode to detect where it was stuck.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-13 at 22.52.14.jpeg

This is how the system stays stuck. If I unplug the system and plug it in again, if I enter the Mac HDD directly, it turns on.

View attachment bbb.mov

DualBoot Sonoma and Windows 11 boot problem
(OSX-HDD) I successfully installed Sonoma 14.0 on my 1st NVWM disk. And I disconnected the disk.
Then I successfully installed Windows 11 on my 2nd (WIN-HDD) sata/ssd disk.

Copy the "Microsoft" folder in the EFI folder on the WIN-HDD disk. I pasted it as MAC-HDD/EFI/EFI/Micosoft.
Well, when you have two separate disks, why copying the Microsoft folder? That will have double boot entry.

Seems like the EFI is not proper. Attach your EFI to check further.

I actually tried it without copying the Microsoft folder.
Opencore Boot Picker automatically detects my Wiindows disk again. But if I open Windows from there, the Mac's startup is disrupted in the same way until I unplug it.

I am sharing my EFI folder in attachment.

Attachments

• Backup EFI.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 2
I actually tried it without copying the Microsoft folder.
Opencore Boot Picker automatically detects my Wiindows disk again. But if I open Windows from there, the Mac's startup is disrupted in the same way until I unplug it.

I am sharing my EFI folder in attachment.
Here are a few issues:

Make the following changes to your config.plist

- SSDT loading order is not correct. See the guide to load in the correct order.
- Delete all the PCI devices from the DeviceProperties section.
- Kexts loading order is not correct. See the guide to load in the correct order.
- Broadcom kexts for WiFi/BT is not appropriate. See the guide to rectify.

Once you're done with the changes, save your config.plist. Restart the system and reset NVRAM twice. Attach the new PR files.

I couldn't find the SSDT order in the manual.

Actually, as you said, I was very confused with which EFI and how I did it. For this reason, I will install Ventura soon by adding the CPU Patch with the EFI from the following source. https://github.com/efrizalnf/EFI-OpenCore-H510M-H

I added (My Ventura EFI.zip) a CPU patch and my EFI files are attached. Do I need to add another SSDT to ACPI?

I will remove my Windows disk while installing Ventura.

Should my OS option from BIOS remain Windows OS or OTHER OS?

Attachments

• My Venteura EFI.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I couldn't find the SSDT order in the manual.

Actually, as you said, I was very confused with which EFI and how I did it. For this reason, I will install Ventura soon by adding the CPU Patch with the EFI from the following source. https://github.com/efrizalnf/EFI-OpenCore-H510M-H
The main guide is:

Have a read why you should not use some random EFI.

I added (My Ventura EFI.zip) a CPU patch and my EFI files are attached. Do I need to add another SSDT to ACPI?
Is that any different than what you attached previously?

Should my OS option from BIOS remain Windows OS or OTHER OS?
Yes, set it to Other OS.

Yes it is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharewebonic