• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Whenever I run the script, audio works perfectly as long as my laptop is 100% charged. For some reason, if I leave it unplugged, the audio will return to being distorted. Rerunning the script after that will fix the audio but only for a short time, unless I charge my computer back to 100%. Sometimes, it does this while at 100% but a reboot usually fixes that.
The guide will be updated soon. Attach your PR Files to check!

Hi,

I followed the updated guide (21/04/24) but it did not fix the static noise issue on my jack headset, after some time the noise brutally becomes worse actually.

Details
  1. Audio Codec : ALC295
  2. macOS version/CPU/GPU:
    1. macOS Version: 14.3.1 (23D60)
    2. CPU: Intel i5-10300H (Comet Lake)
    3. GPU : Intel UHD 630 | Nvidia RTX 3060
  3. Copy of IOReg: (see iwissem alc295.zip)
  4. Method used for enabling Audio:
    1. Apple ALC.kext + layout_ID: 13 (specified with alcid=13)
  5. Installed CodecCommander.kext
    1. added to OC/kexts and enabled in config.plist
  6. Kextcache output (see iwissem alc295.zip)
my zip file is too heavy to be uploaded here (35mb) you can find it in my public repository here Documentation/Audio research/

Is there any way to monitor the audio codec across events like before and after a sleep/wake cycle?
I am certain that the solution to my issue relies there.

Last edited:
Hi,

I followed the updated guide (21/04/24) but it did not fix the static noise issue on my jack headset, after some time the noise brutally becomes worse actually.

Details
my zip file is too heavy to be uploaded here (35mb) you can find it in my public repository here Documentation/Audio research/

Is there any way to monitor the audio codec across events like before and after a sleep/wake cycle?
I am certain that the solution to my issue relies there.
Did you use the Jack Fix script? If so, attach the Jack Fix script you used.

Hi,

Details

Did you use the Jack Fix script? If so, attach the Jack Fix script you used.
Yes I did, everything is in the zip file I mentionned in my answer as per your "Problem reporting" guide.
I attached it here again but you can also find it with additional infos in the "iwissem alc295" folder that you can browse on GitHub (https://github.com/iwissemben/Hackintosh-Opencore-Acer-Nitro-5-AN515-55-51QY/tree/readme/Documentation/Audio research)

Attachments

• Jack Fix.txt
    140 bytes · Views: 1
  • Jack Fix.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Are you sure that's the correct username? And did you copied the hda-verb to the user directory?
Yes, please see the screenshot below
https://github.com/iwissemben/Hackintosh-Opencore-Acer-Nitro-5-AN515-55-51QY/blob/readme/Documentation/Audio%20research/iwissem%20alc295/iwissem%20screenshots/installed%20jackfix.png?raw=true

Yes, please see the screenshot below
https://github.com/iwissemben/Hackintosh-Opencore-Acer-Nitro-5-AN515-55-51QY/blob/readme/Documentation/Audio%20research/iwissem%20alc295/iwissem%20screenshots/installed%20jackfix.png?raw=true
Right click and open both. After that, restart the Laptop and make sure headphone is not plugged. Then play any audio and keep monitoring, plug the headphones and keep monitoring, then execute the Jack Fix script and check what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alopios