• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Turn off TB SSDT in your config.plist and provide a new copy of IOReg with the SSDT off.

The XCPM patch you have is limited to Catalina.

There's already a guide available here:

You should use iMacPro1,1.
Thanks for your reply - TB SSDT Turned off and IO reg enclosed

I took a look at the guide you kindly pointed me to. It appears to be for pre Big Sur OS?

Ill give that SMBIOS a try in the morning with a clearer head together with the other suggestions and report

please let me know if there are other recommendations

Attachments

• Big Sur 21.zip
    926.9 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for your reply - TB SSDT Turned off and IO reg enclosed

I took a look at the guide you kindly pointed me to. It appears to be for pre Big Sur OS?

Ill give that SMBIOS a try in the morning with a clearer head together with the other suggestions and report

please let me know if there are other recommendations
Provide Hackintool PCIe export in .txt and .DSL files for further check.

Morning - Please find files enclosed - output is before I try any suggested changes

Attachments

• HACINTOOL PCIE.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 29
Morning - Please find files enclosed - output is before I try any suggested changes
Did you updated the BIOS when you tried to install macOS Big Sur? Also, in which slot you have installed the Thunderbolt Card? There are a total of 7 slots on your Motherboard.

The last time BIOS was physically updated was prior to installing Catalina as it is booted from a NVME drive on a pcie card (which is out of the machine right now as are all my other drives whilst testing BS. ) The BIOS is a customised version of the last official BIOS f7 that came from third party posters that allows NVME boot on this motherboard. Im not sure if you are just referring to settings in BIOS or the BIOS itself. Once I have a working BS I would transfer it to NVME but didn't want to complicate the testing so left that out for now.

TB card Its in Slot NPE07 or fourth from the processor.

I disabled the xcpm patches. Feels more solid without. Surprisingly the Thunderbolt card comes up in sys report without the TB SSDT showing 20gbs per port instead of 40gbs. Without that SSDT the Usb capabilities of the card don't appear in PCI sys report. I can post screenshots of with and without if required but I sense you don't like needless uploads individually.

I also tried changing the SMBIOS to Mac Pro 1,1 but verbose reports you can't boot Big Sur with that SMBIOS

Last edited:
The last time BIOS was physically updated was prior to installing Catalina as it is booted from a NVME drive on a pcie card (which is out of the machine right now as are all my other drives whilst testing BS. ) The BIOS is a customised version of the last official BIOS f7 that came from third party posters that allows NVME boot on this motherboard. Im not sure if you are just referring to settings in BIOS or the BIOS itself. Once I have a working BS I would transfer it to NVME but didn't want to complicate the testing so left that out for now.
Not an issue.
TB card Its in Slot NPE07 or fourth from the processor.
Try to install it in SLOT #3 which is PCIEX16_2. Keep TB SSDT disabled. Attach Hackintool PCIe Report in .txt and .dsl format.

Repeat the same for SLOT #2 which is PCIE8_1. Keep TB SSDT disabled. Attach Hackintool PCIe Report in .txt and .dsl format.
I disabled the xcpm patches. Feels more solid without.
It can be fixed later on.
Surprisingly the Thunderbolt card comes up in sys report without the TB SSDT showing 20gbs per port instead of 40gbs. Without that SSDT the Usb capabilities of the card don't appear in PCI sys report.
Nothing surprising here. That's normal as the Card is using custom firmware and the 20Gb/s speed is also a normal report without SSDT.
I also tried changing the SMBIOS to Mac Pro 1,1 but verbose reports you can't boot Big Sur with that SMBIOS
Impossible. Must be a fluke or something wrong with your configuration. Still, a separate issue.

thank you for clarifying - will try third slot - second is too short a pcie slot for the card - its populated with the usb 3.0 card which is also hard wired to the front panel usb3 slots as it has compatible fl1100 drivers unlike the MBs usb3 onboard fl1009 which is disabled.

will report back shortly

info re slot 3 as requested - card is showing 10gbs per port in that location ( prob not important at this stage)....

Attachments

• HACKINTOOL SLOT 3.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 35
thank you for clarifying - will try third slot - second is too short a pcie slot for the card - its populated with the usb 3.0 card which is also hard wired to the front panel usb3 slots as it has compatible fl1100 drivers unlike the MBs usb3 onboard fl1009 which is disabled.

will report back shortly

info re slot 3 as requested - card is showing 10gbs per port in that location ( prob not important at this stage)....
There is no proper address for the Card. Provide your complete BIOS settings to check further.

There is no proper address for the Card. Provide your complete BIOS settings to check further.
what form would you like this in? jpegs of each page?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Havker123890