• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

CotntiusTotalus

Motherboard
Clevo PC50DD2
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
iGPU- uhd 630 -- Nvidia RTX 2060
OS X/macOS
14.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Goodmorning to all,

I'm a newbie just approached to hackintosh, greetings from Italy!!
I use OpenCore 0.8.8 and I get a working hackintosh on Oralilla Ventura 13.2. Barely all devices are working except HDMI and DP ( Both on MiniDP and type-c dp delivery) output becouse are tied directly to GPU.
Otherside, always tied to USB type-c, I have i TB3 Titan Ridge JHL7540 controller on my laptop motherboard, that is compliant to github guide to TB3, except that is on my Clevo Motherboard instead of Desktop tested releases.
Then, firstly I've seen on hackintool, USB and PCI devices display thunderbolt controller, like you see below:

Titanrddge.PNG

TitanRidgeeee.PNG

So I decided to try to connect something onto usb c, and nothing happened, no USB key, no thing is working on it.
Therefore I started to search SSDT-TB3 in HackinDROM only for trying, and I downloaded the Gygabyte Titan Ridge and put it on ACPI folder and restarted the laptop.
Surprisingly , after restart, I tried to connect a USB c key and a docking HDD station (usb c) and they worked smoothly as they recognized as USB 3 devices.
What that's mean?
Because, in order to have external monitor, I'm planning to use a TB3 Wavlink docking station, but I have to buy it, and this give me hopes that I can things work, because type-c was activated after the SSD-TB3-Injection.
Is there a possibilty to try TB3 without a TB3 devices?Figure out that is working?
Because TB3 docking station is expensive and I don't know how to be sure if my TB3 working effectively.
I didn't do anything instead of put SSD-TB3-HackinDROM.aml in ACPI folder.

Thank you in advance for your precious time,

Marco

PS: this are my boot- args:
-v alcid=13 watchdog=0 igfxonln=1 agdpmod=vit9696 -vi2c-force-polling -igfxblr -noDC9 igfxfw=2 igfxagdc=0 uia_exclude=USR1;USR2

Attachments

• TitanRidgeeee.PNG
    TitanRidgeeee.PNG
    910.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Goodmorning to all,

I'm a newbie just approached to hackintosh, greetings from Italy!!
I use OpenCore 0.8.8 and I get a working hackintosh on Oralilla Ventura 13.2. Barely all devices are working except HDMI and DP ( Both on MiniDP and type-c dp delivery) output becouse are tied directly to GPU.
Otherside, always tied to USB type-c, I have i TB3 Titan Ridge JHL7540 controller on my laptop motherboard, that is compliant to github guide to TB3, except that is on my Clevo Motherboard instead of Desktop tested releases.
Then, firstly I've seen on hackintool, USB and PCI devices display thunderbolt controller, like you see below:

View attachment 5610

View attachment 5612

So I decided to try to connect something onto usb c, and nothing happened, no USB key, no thing is working on it.
Therefore I started to search SSDT-TB3 in HackinDROM only for trying, and I downloaded the Gygabyte Titan Ridge and put it on ACPI folder and restarted the laptop.
Surprisingly , after restart, I tried to connect a USB c key and a docking HDD station (usb c) and they worked smoothly as they recognized as USB 3 devices.
What that's mean?
Because, in order to have external monitor, I'm planning to use a TB3 Wavlink docking station, but I have to buy it, and this give me hopes that I can things work, because type-c was activated after the SSD-TB3-Injection.
Is there a possibilty to try TB3 without a TB3 devices?Figure out that is working?
Because TB3 docking station is expensive and I don't know how to be sure if my TB3 working effectively.
I didn't do anything instead of put SSD-TB3-HackinDROM.aml in ACPI folder.

Thank you in advance for your precious time,

Marco

PS: this are my boot- args:
-v alcid=13 watchdog=0 igfxonln=1 agdpmod=vit9696 -vi2c-force-polling -igfxblr -noDC9 igfxfw=2 igfxagdc=0 uia_exclude=USR1;USR2

No PR Files attached. As per Hackintool, your implementation for Thunderbolt isn't correct.

Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 use the same "Type-C Interface" but internally it differs. Here's what you can understand in a more simple way. When you connect a Thunderbolt Device, it will connect and fall back to Thunderbolt Bus. Whereas, connecting a Type-C Device will fall back to XHC Bus. If the Type-C Device is USB 2.0 (such as iPad), it will fall back to Intel's "built-in" XHC Driver.

Reactions: CotntiusTotalus
No PR Files attached. As per Hackintool, your implementation for Thunderbolt isn't correct.

Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 use the same "Type-C Interface" but internally it differs. Here's what you can understand in a more simple way. When you connect a Thunderbolt Device, it will connect and fall back to Thunderbolt Bus. Whereas, connecting a Type-C Device will fall back to XHC Bus. If the Type-C Device is USB 2.0 (such as iPad), it will fall back to Intel's "built-in" XHC Driver.
What do you mean when you say PR files attached?
But can you explain me why when I put the TB3 ssdt , usb c start working?
Am I near to the solution?
What more I need to do for implementing TB3?
Because I don't find so much documentation.
Here I attached alla the file that can help to understand, in order:
-AIDA64 Report, did from Windows 10 boot( an .htm file with all hardware in deep report)
-My efi
-Some photos of the status of configuration (hackintool)

Tell me If you need something more to understand.

Thank you in advance and Best Regards

Marco

Attachments

• hackintoolPCI.PNG
    hackintoolPCI.PNG
    961.5 KB · Views: 3
  • HackintoolUSB.PNG
    HackintoolUSB.PNG
    325 KB · Views: 3
What do you mean when you say PR files attached?

Please read the FAQ

But can you explain me why when I put the TB3 ssdt , usb c start working?

It's the SSDT that provides HotPlug for TB+Type-C. If implemented correctly, both will work. As you're using an SSDT, it's not a surprise why your Type-C works ;)

Am I near to the solution?
What more I need to do for implementing TB3?
Because I don't find so much documentation.

You should read about the Thunderbolt HotPlug implementation below

Please note that the new changelog is being added to the guide and will reflect the changes once done. You can also find the Thunderbolt Success reported by several community members

Here I attached alla the file that can help to understand, in order:
-AIDA64 Report, did from Windows 10 boot( an .htm file with all hardware in deep report)
-My efi
-Some photos of the status of configuration (hackintool)

Incomplete PR Files attached. Attach the request data as per the Thunderbolt 3 HotPlug Guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
google50002