• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

GUIDE How to Flash Custom Firmware on Thunderbolt Card for macOS

TB device(ethernet) will disappear after sleep. I need to replug to re-activate it. Z170x-UD5-TH/Mojave. Any ideas how to fix this?

TB device(ethernet) will disappear after sleep. I need to replug to re-activate it. Z170x-UD5-TH/Mojave. Any ideas how to fix this?

No PR Files attached.

Hey, great thread. I have a question...i have the alpine ridge, i use it for power delivery and video signal to my portable monitor w a usbc cable. Now when i flash the alpine ridge i immediately lose video signal. Is this common?

Hey, great thread. I have a question...i have the alpine ridge, i use it for power delivery and video signal to my portable monitor w a usbc cable. Now when i flash the alpine ridge i immediately lose video signal. Is this common?
Yes, that's normal in several cases. That's because the chip will only allow the specific firmware it came with and that's what you need to patch for the Bus Activation. If using a different firmware other than the original one, you'll have such signal loss issues.

Reactions: demarcosites
any one have original firmware thunderbolt chip on these mainboards : x299x gigabyte designare,z490 gigabyte vision D, z390i asrock phantom itx/tb3

hey all, is it possible to have two cards with mixed firmware (one stock and one flashed for mac)? That way, I could still have thunderbolt/usb3 in windows as well? Thanks.

hey all, is it possible to have two cards with mixed firmware (one stock and one flashed for mac)? That way, I could still have thunderbolt/usb3 in windows as well? Thanks.
Oh, yeah. That's possible. Although, have never experimented but it could be a nice idea and hopefully, it should all work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrrapple