• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

GUIDE How to Flash Custom Firmware on Thunderbolt Card for macOS

The Driver is not installed correctly. Flash the stock firmware and it should work on Windows.
I have reinstalled the driver downloaded from Gigabyte's official website 10 times

The driver is from Gigabyte's official website.
It can run normally in win without flashing the firmware. After flashing the firmware, it can't
Original firmware is required to run on Windows.

Is there no way of enabling cards with custom firmware to run under both macOS and Windows? I'm having the same problem with the guy above, flashed card only works in macOS.

EDIT: though there are no errors in my device manager, unlike the guy above. It's just that Windows doesn't recognize any connected devices, and I have bootcamp drivers installed.

Is there no way of enabling cards with custom firmware to run under both macOS and Windows? I'm having the same problem with the guy above, flashed card only works in macOS.

EDIT: though there are no errors in my device manager, unlike the guy above. It's just that Windows doesn't recognize any connected devices, and I have bootcamp drivers installed.
Yes, it doesn't works.

I also have a problem where USB over TB ports won't work in macOS from a cold boot. It works if I make sure it's working in Windows and then reboot into macOS. Any ideas?

I also have a problem where USB over TB ports won't work in macOS from a cold boot. It works if I make sure it's working in Windows and then reboot into macOS. Any ideas?
No PR files attached.

No PR files attached.
Complete EFI folder, system log, and IOReg is here. The audio device named "K3" is connected to the problematic port, as can be found in the log. Near where K3 was successfully enumerated you can see some error messages, I suspect that has something to do with this issue.
I noticed that ports work fine if I revert back to the previous BIOS version, but the newest one has resizable BAR enabled and I'd like to take advantage of that in Windows if possible.
I have Z390 Aorus Pro with Titan Ridge v2.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 75
Complete EFI folder, system log, and IOReg is here. The audio device named "K3" is connected to the problematic port, as can be found in the log. Near where K3 was successfully enumerated you can see some error messages, I suspect that has something to do with this issue.
I noticed that ports work fine if I revert back to the previous BIOS version, but the newest one has resizable BAR enabled and I'd like to take advantage of that in Windows if possible.
I have Z390 Aorus Pro with Titan Ridge v2.
Incomplete PR files attached.

Incomplete PR files attached.
1. Titan Ridge
2. Gigabyte
3. AIC
4. Bottom slot (No. 6)
5. Yes and plugged in
6. Yes
7. Aorus Pro Z390
8. i9 9900K
9. 12.0.1
Other stuff is in the zip folder, if I'm still missing something could you please tell me what exactly I'm missing?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 65
1. Titan Ridge
2. Gigabyte
3. AIC
4. Bottom slot (No. 6)
5. Yes and plugged in
6. Yes
7. Aorus Pro Z390
8. i9 9900K
9. 12.0.1
Other stuff is in the zip folder, if I'm still missing something could you please tell me what exactly I'm missing?
What is the flashed firmware version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leotheking56