• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Hi, i followed your #1 post and github, and followed github used USBMap.kext dummy with xhciportlimit fault, not usbinjectall.kext? is it same result?
USBInjectAll.kext is required for ports discovery only.
tested with USBMap and Hackintool, seem clean ports, but i can see some ports in hackintool are PR12, HS01 or PR01, PR12 in USBMap like this, different with USBMapInjectorEdit.command, dont know is it normal? If not, what are they with Type -1?
The mapping seems improper as PR12 and HS01 don't have any device connected so they must be removed.
And as in picture, i set cardreader hs06 type 255, is it true?
Yes, that's correct.
my device has 1 usb3 port and 2 usb2, i checked they work, could i missing any port from 8-17 showed in discover USB Port?
The tool does show ports but you need to check if it is tied to any port. If not, better to remove it.
The last, i checked these ports work, so my OC doesnt need RHUB SSDT?
Have already answered this. See Post #7

Reactions: oldman20
Sr, the stupid question: How to know series of Motherboards? can u tell me type of my system in specs? is it need RHUB SSDT? Many thank!
You can check that in Hackintool. As per your specs, you have a 9-series Motherboard.

You can check that in Hackintool. As per your specs, you have a 9-series Motherboard.
RHUB SSDT is only required for 400 series and above Motherboards.
Thank, but I panic this: so 400 series basicly 400 series, not 4-series? and 9-series needed it or not? please don't laungh me that

USBInjectAll.kext is required for ports discovery only.
but in github https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap doésnt mention about xhciportlimit=faill to detect 2.0 then true-reboot to detect 3.0? also USBInjectAll.kext?

Thank, but I panic this: so 400 series basicly 400 series, not 4-series? please don't laungh me that
Well, 4 and 400 series are really different. As said before, RHUB SSDT is needed for 400 Series Motherboard. As you have a 9 series Motherboard, so you don't need to panic at all ;)
but in github https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap doésnt mention about xhciportlimit=faill to detect 2.0 then true-reboot to detect 3.0? also USBInjectAll.kext?
If you want to follow Github, you can and therefore you should seek support over there only.

Since Big Sur 11.3, the XHCIPortLimit patch is broken, so you need to have 2 rounds to map the ports. First with XHCIPortLimit disabled to map the USB 2.0 ports. Second with XHCIPortLimit enabled to map the USB 3.0/3.1/Type-C ports. If you don't want to have 2 rounds, use Big Sur 11.2.3 (max) to map your ports.

Well, 4 and 400 series are really different. As said before, RHUB SSDT is needed for 400 Series Motherboard. As you have a 9 series Motherboard, so you don't need to panic at all ;)

If you want to follow Github, you can and therefore you should seek support over there only.

Since Big Sur 11.3, the XHCIPortLimit patch is broken, so you need to have 2 rounds to map the ports. First with XHCIPortLimit disabled to map the USB 2.0 ports. Second with XHCIPortLimit enabled to map the USB 3.0/3.1/Type-C ports. If you don't want to have 2 rounds, use Big Sur 11.2.3 (max) to map your ports.
really thank Sir very much, I clear!!!
I will redo with your guide, from begin. Thank again!

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Well, so begin with XHCIPortLimit disable and USBInjectAll.kext for 2.0, then reboot, XHCIPortLimit enable for 3.0, right Sir?

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Well, so begin with XHCIPortLimit disable and USBInjectAll.kext for 2.0, then reboot, XHCIPortLimit enable for 3.0, right Sir?
Yes, very correct.

Yes, very correct.
Which USBInjectAll recommend Sir? I found 3 files:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koullis