• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED IONvmeController/Kernel Panis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit:*I am only able to boot into recovery.dmg using vanilla elitemacx86 guide for amd laptop efi, not using my custom edited efi*

Edit:*I am only able to boot into recovery.dmg using vanilla elitemacx86 guide for amd laptop efi, not using my custom edited efi*
While using the vanilla efi, booting into Macintosh HD gives, Failed to bootstrap path....

On adding nvme=-1 I get the still waiting for root device error, I am believing this is because I have loaded the efi onto a partition onto the same SSD, but doesn't explain why I can easily boot into recovery on the same drive?, i am wondering if this is not an nvme compatibility error....
When you use nvme=-1, it disables the SSD. When the SSD isn't found and when you try to boot from it, that result is expected. nvme=-1 was suggested to check whether the configuration is the problem or the SSD itself which is clear now.

As a result, closing this thread.

Hi, I found out it was a common Nred error, you have to disable it post instal.. ive booted in successfully.. thanks for the help!

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Hi, I found out it was a common Nred error, you have to disable it post instal.. ive booted in successfully.. thanks for the help!
Yes, it is highly recommended to do that. Glad its fixed now.

Closing this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncocoder