• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Mac OS Installation Freeze

Cxxkieee243

Motherboard
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eh0xxx
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics
Graphics
Radeon Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey there!I managed to make my pc boot inside the Mac OS installer since i was having integrated graphics.I still have another problem and im fighting for this for abt 3 days.

Basically when the Mac OS installer reaches "12 minutes remaining"it just freezes,i tried Ventura and Monterey but it seems like i have this problem for every Mac OS version i try.
I tried removing not useful kexts,changing some of the boot args,disabling some quirks in my config plist,changed
the SMBIOS but even after doing all of this,the problem is still here.

Right now im focusing to atleast complete the first phrase of the Mac OS Monterey installer but i cant get through it no matter what i try!

Feel free to help me!

Thank you!

My EFI:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkTF7h3E_Ltr62vyy0odH1NQK94m?e=7HQZqJ
(Again sorry for my english)

Hey there!I managed to make my pc boot inside the Mac OS installer since i was having integrated graphics.I still have another problem and im fighting for this for abt 3 days.

Basically when the Mac OS installer reaches "12 minutes remaining"it just freezes,i tried Ventura and Monterey but it seems like i have this problem for every Mac OS version i try.
I tried removing not useful kexts,changing some of the boot args,disabling some quirks in my config plist,changed
the SMBIOS but even after doing all of this,the problem is still here.

Right now im focusing to atleast complete the first phrase of the Mac OS Monterey installer but i cant get through it no matter what i try!

Feel free to help me!

Thank you!

My EFI:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkTF7h3E_Ltr62vyy0odH1NQK94m?e=7HQZqJ
(Again sorry for my english)
Your configuration is not as per the guide.

Secondly, provide a picture of the target disk from the Disk Utility.

IMG_20231206_191632.jpg
Here is the disk im trying to install Mac OS Catalina on(I even tried Catalina this morning but still it was freezing)
I will follow the guide again and make the EFI all over again.

Thank you!

Update:I finally managed to install Mac OS Catalina on my pc.

But the wifi and audio arent working and the keyboard just stops working randomly.

I already tried to fix wifi using HeliPort but it didnt work.

For the audio and the keyboard i have no idea on how to fix them.

Feel free to help!
Thank you!

My wifi card:RTL8821CE

Last edited:
View attachment 6951
Here is the disk im trying to install Mac OS Catalina on(I even tried Catalina this morning but still it was freezing)
I will follow the guide again and make the EFI all over again.

Thank you!
Your SSD is supported. As mentioned previously, its due to the EFI not being proper.

Update:I finally managed to install Mac OS Catalina on my pc.
Glad to hear!

But the wifi and audio arent working and the keyboard just stops working randomly.

I already tried to fix wifi using HeliPort but it didnt work.

For the audio and the keyboard i have no idea on how to fix them.

Feel free to help!
Thank you!

My wifi card:RTL8821CE
The WiFi card isn't supported. HeliPort is for Intel based WiFi Cards, not Realtek.

For the Audio:

For Keyboard, you'll need to inject VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Thanks!But how can i fix my wifi?

just wondering i have the same laptop could u please give me the efi?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anuran