• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED (SOLVED) Dell Latitude 5310 - ALC295 - Headphone/Mic not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before i do anything.
I have a Samsung PM991 NVMe drive in my system.
In the „dortania“ guide they mention that this drive makes some problems.
I also have a „SANDISK Ultra 3D“ NVMe M.2 and a „Transcend TS2TMTS830S“ Sata M.2 drive. I would prefer the Sandisk if i should swap drives.
Should i swap drives or am i good to go wirh the Samsung PM991?
Samsung drives should be avoided due to the broken TRIM function on macOS. The impact is worse on Monterey and later.

SanDisk should be fine.

Reactions: St0kki
this may help:
With this im not vanilla anymore, right? Could this be a problem in future OS updates?

or there is also:
With this i would be vanilla by adding my device (layout id) to the Codec?!

With this im not vanilla anymore, right? Could this be a problem in future OS updates?

With this i would be vanilla by adding my device (layout id) to the Codec?!
ALCPlugFix is a good test to try, used it before on a laptop hack with no issues

then i created my own layout id which worked without the need of the above

Kernel>Emulate
I double checkd right now. I made a mistake here.. in the dortania guide its described as if im on model 166 in need to spoof. im on 142. so i guess im good to go without spoofing.

- Kexts loading order is not correct. Important Kexts should load first.
I didn´t order anything. I let ProperTree do its thing. 🤷‍♂️

Most importantly, the ACPI is not patched. See patching DSDT for more information.
I did SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-XOSI and SSDT-AWAC, Manual not the Prebuilts, as described in dortania guide. Did i miss something or is it something different?

THX

Last edited:
I double checkd right now. I made a mistake here.. in the dortania guide its described as if im on model 166 in need to spoof. im on 142. so i guess im good to go without spoofing.

I didn´t order anything. I let ProperTree do its thing. 🤷‍♂️

I did SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-XOSI and SSDT-AWAC, Manual not the Prebuilts, as described in dortania guide. Did i miss something or is it something different?

THX
Attach your new PR Files to check further.

ALCPlugFix is a good test to try, used it before on a laptop hack with no issues

then i created my own layout id which worked without the need of the above
Can you help me with creating my layout id?

Fixed with CodecCommander and Jack fix by EliteMacx86 Discord!!! Thank very much!

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio_