• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

or MacPro 7,1 ? )
Ive tryed both, but all usb ports disappears. Made kext with USBToolBox/tool generated kext from Win - and no luck. Mac Pro 6,1 with UsbInjectAll - works perfect (except video card)
See the SMBIOS guide. The reason why ports don't work after changing the SMBIOS is because the kext includes the SMBIOS. When you change the SMBIOS, you must change the SMBIOS in the USBMapping kext as well.

Reactions: ilyalazutkin
See the SMBIOS guide. The reason why ports don't work after changing the SMBIOS is because the kext includes the SMBIOS. When you change the SMBIOS, you must change the SMBIOS in the USBMapping kext as well.

Fixed all with USBToolBox and UTBDefault kext with mapping usb by hands. There was some ports what really need to be typed mannualy via terminal tool in previous release. Now all accelerated :)

Strange that need check model - cause some people doing mapping via Windows

Last edited:
Reactions: EliteMacx86
Fixed all with USBToolBox and UTBDefault kext with mapping usb by hands. There was some ports what really need to be typed mannualy via terminal tool in previous release. Now all accelerated :)

Strange that need check model - cause some people doing mapping via Windows
Great!

Is it possible to get UHD/4K > 60hz working (ie. 100hz, 120hz) with MacOS > 11, ie Ventura 13 or Sonoma 14?

I can't get above 60hz HDR with HDMI cable and DP cable on 6800xt disables HDR on Ventura. My monitor will do 4K 144hz HDR and Radeon 6800 XT will do the same but WhateverGreen and Lily doesn't seem to be working. I've tried enable-hdmi-20 device properties and -cdfon. Are these flags BOTH not working past MacOs 11? It's not clear from the WhateverGreen documentation.

Also when I connect my monitor directly to M3 MacBook Pro then it detects the monitor correctly via MBP HDMI 2.0 port. HDMI 2.1 port on 6800 XT WhateverGreen is not detecting the HDR P3 colour space correctly.

How to get proper compatibility with Radeon 6000 series cards?

Thank you.

Is it possible to get UHD/4K > 60hz working (ie. 100hz, 120hz) with MacOS > 11, ie Ventura 13 or Sonoma 14?
Yes, it's possible. Using IGPU and also dGPU.

I can't get above 60hz HDR with HDMI cable and DP cable on 6800xt disables HDR on Ventura. My monitor will do 4K 144hz HDR and Radeon 6800 XT will do the same but WhateverGreen and Lily doesn't seem to be working. I've tried enable-hdmi-20 device properties and -cdfon. Are these flags BOTH not working past MacOs 11? It's not clear from the WhateverGreen documentation.
Attach your EFI to check!

Also when I connect my monitor directly to M3 MacBook Pro then it detects the monitor correctly via MBP HDMI 2.0 port. HDMI 2.1 port on 6800 XT WhateverGreen is not detecting the HDR P3 colour space correctly.
Are you using the original cable which was supplied with the monitor?

How to get proper compatibility with Radeon 6000 series cards?
RX 6800XT is already fully compatible and natively supported card. What's the brand though?

My card is an AMD manufactured card.Sorry it’s RX 6800. Not XT. Just regular AMD RX 6800 (2 slot). The cable is Ugreen HDMI 2.1 certified and it’s working fine in Windows via bootcamp on the same PC. The cable with MacBook Pro works correctly as well. I am running Opencore 0.8.7 with upgraded WhateverGreen 1.6.6. I tried DisplayPort cable (also working in Windows) and have the same problem. Restricted to 60hz. HDMI cable gets HDR but DP doesn’t get HDR in MacOS. I don’t think DP 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 is working correctly with WhateverGreen.

Do I require anything in addition to Lilu and WhateverGreen. My config has agdpmod=pikera boot argument via OC. -cdfon global and enable-hdmi-20 device properties flag don’t seem to be doing anything however if there is something wrong then it’s likely to be with enable-hdmi-20 set on device properties for the pci slot.

I have trouble upgrading OC past 0.8.7. There’s some conflict with my Thunderbolt card and I have boot issues on OC 0.9.9.

I appreciate all assistance. I will post my EFI tomorrow.

Yes, it's possible. Using IGPU and also dGPU.

Attach your EFI to check!

Are you using the original cable which was supplied with the monitor?

RX 6800XT is already fully compatible and natively supported card. What's the brand though?
EFI attached. Dell 5820 PC

I appreciate the assistance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 2
EFI attached. Dell 5820 PC

I appreciate the assistance.
Any suggestions please? I've gone through my EFI again looking for errors but haven't found anything so far.

My card is an AMD manufactured card.Sorry it’s RX 6800. Not XT. Just regular AMD RX 6800 (2 slot). The cable is Ugreen HDMI 2.1 certified and it’s working fine in Windows via bootcamp on the same PC. The cable with MacBook Pro works correctly as well. I am running Opencore 0.8.7 with upgraded WhateverGreen 1.6.6. I tried DisplayPort cable (also working in Windows) and have the same problem. Restricted to 60hz. HDMI cable gets HDR but DP doesn’t get HDR in MacOS. I don’t think DP 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 is working correctly with WhateverGreen.

Do I require anything in addition to Lilu and WhateverGreen. My config has agdpmod=pikera boot argument via OC. -cdfon global and enable-hdmi-20 device properties flag don’t seem to be doing anything however if there is something wrong then it’s likely to be with enable-hdmi-20 set on device properties for the pci slot.

I have trouble upgrading OC past 0.8.7. There’s some conflict with my Thunderbolt card and I have boot issues on OC 0.9.9.

I appreciate all assistance. I will post my EFI tomorrow.
What's the CPU model for your system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ane.-.14