• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

dual boot mac on laptop

bawarmk

Motherboard
Asus TUF DASH F15
CPU
Intel i7 11370H (Tiger Lake-U)
Graphics
Intel iris xe and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello
I'm new to Mac OS, and my laptop installed Windows 11 I want to dual boot it with Mac OS also but I saw a lot of tutorials, and nothing works anyone can guide me step by steps to dual boot it?
here is some information about my laptop what else is needed
Asus TUF DASH F15
CPU:Intel i7 11370H (Tiger Lake-U)
GPU: Intel iris xe and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

hello
I'm new to Mac OS, and my laptop installed Windows 11 I want to dual boot it with Mac OS also but I saw a lot of tutorials, and nothing works anyone can guide me step by steps to dual boot it?
here is some information about my laptop what else is needed
Asus TUF DASH F15
CPU:Intel i7 11370H (Tiger Lake-U)
GPU: Intel iris xe and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Hello,

Sorry to say but Tiger Lake Laptops are not supported because the IGPU is not supported. Of course, macOS can be installed but without the Graphics acceleration, its of no use. The performance would be quite similar to VMware and/or Virtual Box.

Reactions: bawarmk
Hello,

Sorry to say but Tiger Lake Laptops are not supported because the IGPU is not supported. Of course, macOS can be installed but without the Graphics acceleration, its of no use. The performance would be quite similar to VMware and/or Virtual Box.
Sadly for not supporting Tiger Lake laptops.
Do they have any plans for the future to support it?
Could you guide me to install it?
Because some functions are not possible in VMware or Virtual Box.
Thank you.

Sadly for not supporting Tiger Lake laptops.
Do they have any plans for the future to support it?
Could you guide me to install it?
Because some functions are not possible in VMware or Virtual Box.
Thank you.
No, there is no plan of Apple to support it.

Reactions: bawarmk
No, there is no plan of Apple to support it.
sadly
but can you guide me to install Mac OS on my laptop you said you can install but without the Graphics acceleration it can be ok because some functions not work in vms.
bawar Mohammed,
thank you.

The VGA mode is actually only used so that you can have a graphical user interface and the memory of the graphics unit has 4 MB, so everything jerks and wobbles. Windows 3.1 was faster... From Intel 10th generation onwards, the iGPUs are no longer supported. Laptops work up to 10th generation. Therefore, your laptop is not suitable for macOS. There are fake videos on YouTube, but graphics acceleration is only in VGA mode, no supported graphics unit!

If you had an AMD Radeon RDNA2 graphics card as a dedicated card in your laptop, you could try disabling the iGPU, but many have failed here too because Apple has programmed the graphics acceleration very elaborately! So there remains the option of using Linux with a macOS design. Looks beautiful too!

Last edited:
sadly
but can you guide me to install Mac OS on my laptop you said you can install but without the Graphics acceleration it can be ok because some functions not work in vms.
bawar Mohammed,
thank you.
There is no benefit. Better to use Hyper-V or similar.

Reactions: karatasios

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marremans