• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

HP Ryzen 3250U

ProhorTaim

Motherboard
HP 87D3
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3 3250U
Graphics
AMD Radeon Vega 3
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have an HP laptop with AMD Ryzen 3 3250U and Radeon Vega 3. I saw on your YouTube channel that you ran macOS on such a laptop. I myself tried to compile OpenCore using the Dortania guide, but it didn’t work out for me. Could you please share the EFI folder for running macOS on such an HP laptop.

I have an HP laptop with AMD Ryzen 3 3250U and Radeon Vega 3. I saw on your YouTube channel that you ran macOS on such a laptop. I myself tried to compile OpenCore using the Dortania guide, but it didn’t work out for me. Could you please share the EFI folder for running macOS on such an HP laptop.
Not sure why are you trying to compile OpenCore.

Every hardware is different and therefore it is not a good idea to use someone's EFI.

Start here:

Not sure why are you trying to compile OpenCore.

Every hardware is different and therefore it is not a good idea to use someone's EFI.

Start here:
I did everything according to the video, but it gets stuck on this

Attachments

• 20231119_133637.jpg
    20231119_133637.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Where did you get the Recovery Sonoma image from?

Attach the EFI you're using to boot.
Well, I did everything exactly as in the video, because I have the same laptop. Perhaps I missed something, everything happened quickly in the video.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 38
I also think that this is because of the com.apple.recovery.boot folder, because I downloaded the image “from the first site I came across.” I don't know where I can download it normally.

Well, I did everything exactly as in the video, because I have the same laptop. Perhaps I missed something, everything happened quickly in the video.
Why using EnableWriteUnprotector and RebuildAppleMemoryMap together? The guide does not mention to do so. Disable EnableWriteUnprotector and use RebuildAppleMemoryMap.

I also think that this is because of the com.apple.recovery.boot folder, because I downloaded the image “from the first site I came across.” I don't know where I can download it normally.
This is because you're missing the basics.

Start here:

Why using EnableWriteUnprotector and RebuildAppleMemoryMap together? The guide does not mention to do so. Disable EnableWriteUnprotector and use RebuildAppleMemoryMap.
I did as you wrote. I compared it from the video, the lines seem to match. How long will this screen last?

Attachments

• 20231119_182159.jpg
    20231119_182159.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidLee